Corsair Community

M90 scroll wheel rattle

xornand

The scroll wheel will have a slight give to it.

Ok, I exchanged the mouse today and the new M90's scroll wheel I got didn't move at all. There is a slight give but not a rattle like the other mouse.

As soon as I plugged it in everything came on and worked fine. I fired up L4D2 and started to play. In 10 minutes I couldn't move, I looked down and saw the LED lights on the mouse were off, THE MOUSE DIED. I've restarted my computer a number of times, plugged the M90 in two other computers, plugged different mouses in my computer and they work fine.

I am frankly shocked this is a Corsair product. I have a AX1200 PSU, Dominator RAM, & Corsair Force SSD. After these products burn out I doubt I will ever buy Corsair again, this experience has definitely sullied the good name of Corsair in my mind.

Can anyone recommend a good laser mouse that isn't made with popsicle sticks & school glue?

And don't even get me started on the software, yikes! :sigh!:

Try to re flash the firmware on your device:

http://www2.corsair.com/software/M60_90/M90110211v108.zip

Ok that worked.

Where can I find a blog or thread somewhere explaining the latest firmware and software updates with available download links? I looked and can't find one anywhere.

This is really a black eye for Corsair.

I will try this mouse a few more weeks but I am seriously planning on returning the M90 for the much better engineered Logitech G9x.

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry that you feel this way. What type of issues are you having with the software? Are you using the latest 2.12 software version of your device? We have seen very few cases of all out failure of the mouse sensors. It is extremely rare.

Those of us buying first-gen Corsair peripherals are like the early adopter. Now and then a product will be defective, sometimes you get unlucky.

Yes the software is a bit crap but that's what we get (for being early adopters). The products that do work, work really well.

Plus, it seems people mostly come here when there's something wrong because this is a support forum, so when you only come when there's trouble AND you only see posts about defective products, it leaves an impression on people's minds. I keep coming here because I plan on working in a computer store and/or in tech, so the knowledge helps (and helps other people).

Those of us buying first-gen Corsair peripherals are like the early adopter. Now and then a product will be defective, sometimes you get unlucky.

Yes the software is a bit crap but that's what we get (for being early adopters). The products that do work, work really well.

Plus, it seems people mostly come here when there's something wrong because this is a support forum, so when you only come when there's trouble AND you only see posts about defective products, it leaves an impression on people's minds. I keep coming here because I plan on working in a computer store and/or in tech, so the knowledge helps (and helps other people).

Yes- agreed.

It is very frustrating for those who are experiencing problems. Sometimes it's good to step away from the issue for a little while then tackle it from another angle with a fresh mind and when you are less frustrated.

If that doesn't work then return the product in question.

Archived