Corsair Community

No power to corsair SP2500

skunkmunkey

Hi,

Just turned these on this morning and now the unit will not power on... Tried different leads etc and still nothing. Unfortunately I bought these from the bit-tech forum so I have no receipts to prove the warranty (if there is any). Someone help me as they are sorely missed already :(

Mark

Thanks for the reply, Where can I purchase a new remote? If it helps, there was some low volume noise on the speakers even when the source was turned off. When they died, I turneed them on as usually, got a loud screech sound then nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

O

k so after deciding that I have nothing to lose, I opened up the psu cover, straight away I could see a blown 4a slow fuse. I replaced this hoping all would be well, luckily the psu board was covered in burnt glue so I was a little more wary than usual, I noticed what looked like a small piece of black plastic. It turned out to be a piece of what looks like a mosfet screwed to the massive aluminum heat sink/bus bar type piece. On further inspection there are numerous burnt/popped components. A little dangerous.... After plugging the extension in and retreating a good few meters I plugged in the power and was greeted by an almighty bang and a shower of sparks... suffice to say I have found the culprit. I must say im a little dissappointed by the build quality. I have a 15 year old sony amp that has been through the wars and is still going strong. An ebuyer cheapo special soundbar that cost £11 and is still going 3 years on... but the expensive £250 set or speakers are dead just after 2 years... and it seems im not the only one....

Anyway, how can I get another PSU board?

Yeah it is, its just a metal plate that screws to the back of the sub, just like the amp circuitry Its all removable cables etc. Pretty sure its just a defective psu as that ties in with the whining noise too.

Il get some photos up later, its pretty messy...

I must say I am a little dissapointed that no one from Corsair seems to want to help. I now own Corsair ram in my pc and laptop, Vengence 2000's, K70 keyboard, sp2500's, Ha100 and a few SSD's. I hope this isn't a sign of the quality of Corsair's Customer Service.

While I understand that the speakers were purchased second hand, all I am asking is to "buy" some replacement parts....

• Corsair Employee
I must say I am a little dissapointed that no one from Corsair seems to want to help. I now own Corsair ram in my pc and laptop, Vengence 2000's, K70 keyboard, sp2500's, Ha100 and a few SSD's. I hope this isn't a sign of the quality of Corsair's Customer Service.

While I understand that the speakers were purchased second hand, all I am asking is to "buy" some replacement parts....

Unfortunately there is nothing in place for us to allow you to buy the parts as we don't have them.

• 3 weeks later...

Buy it through a legit website next time...Did it arrive broken? If so send it back!?

• 5 weeks later...
It was bought from a respected member of the bit-tech forums. The point i'm making is the hardware was working fine, then one day upon turning on the psu died. It only takes a minute of research to find this a more than common problem with these speakers, Therefore Corsair should know about it and if their customer service was up to scratch they would keep a stock of the psu boards and allow us to purchase them. 2 years is not an acceptable lifespan for a premium product. As I said before I still have hardware 15-20 years old going strong....

Corsair hasn't got involved because not only is the warranty no good,(bought second hand) parts are not available. They also wont advise any repairs or mods because of liability reasons. The only way to get it fixed or replaced would be to RMA them .

There isn't much they could do for you.

B******T...... I know what the problem is, I don't need their advice. I need a new PSU. There is no reason for them not to supply me with it. What I do with things I order is my business. Im quite capable (as most people who buy pc hardware are) of doing small repairs. Funny how they are happy to supply me with a control box for $70 knowing damn well its probably the psu... seriously just search these forums for numerous issues.

Why the hell would I send them to America to be repaired? the postage alone would make the whole exercise pointless. As for parts being available... can anyone confirm that manufacture has stopped? Do Corsair not keep stock for their RMA repairs...? feel fobbed off...

These are still being sold, sold with defective hardware.. unless of course there has been a hardware revision... in which case where is the product recall?

. What I do with things I order is my business. Im quite capable (as most people who buy pc hardware are) of doing small repairs. Funny how they are happy to supply me with a control box for $70 knowing damn well its probably the psu... seriously just search these forums for numerous issues.

Sorry you feel that way, but this is a support forum...All your going to see are "issues"

B******T...... I know what the problem is, I don't need their advice. I need a new PSU. There is no reason for them not to supply me with it

Again, Sorry, if they don't have them as spare parts , then they wont supply them or cant supply you with one. And again, part of it comes down to liability.

Why the hell would I send them to America to be repaired? the postage alone would make the whole exercise pointless. As for parts being available... can anyone confirm that manufacture has stopped? Do Corsair not keep stock for their RMA repairs...? feel fobbed off...

There are three RMA hubs located around the globe. You would be instructed to send them to the nearest one. And here again, if you had bought it new and had a warranty, you could have asked them to help with the shipping costs. In most cases they will if it's something like this.

These are still being sold, sold with defective hardware.. unless of course there has been a hardware revision... in which case where is the product recall?

Product recall, for what? They sell thousands of these speakers. Sure your going to have some fail the same way, but it doesn't mean its a wide spread issue your making it out to be. Even if there was a revision, they still don't have to issue a recall.

As for parts being available... can anyone confirm that manufacture has stopped? Do Corsair not keep stock for their RMA repairs...? feel fobbed off...

Yes, they are still making these. And yes, they keep stock on parts for some products , But that still doesn't mean parts are available. They are just not stocked as a "replaceable part" If you would like you could call CS or talk with the live chat, but you wont get any different of an answer. Besides, RamGuy already gave you the confirmation you asked for.

Originally quoted by Ram Guy:

Unfortunately there is nothing in place for us to allow you to buy the parts as we don't have them.

If they were screwing you around on a warranty claim I could understand your feelings. But even if you took all the complaints you could dig up here in the forums and elsewhere, it still doesn't amount to enough for a recall.

• Administrators

This product was never meant to be repaired by an end user. We do not have spare parts for it aside from the control pod.

Our EU RMA depot is in the Netherlands, but as previously stated, items purchased 2nd hand would not have a warranty as the warranty is non-transferrable.

There is nothing wrong with the SP2500 series, and I don't believe that there was ever a revision of them.

Archived