Corsair Community

Another H100 Problem ? (LED Failure)

DjRavix

I Just Got A New H100 From the RMA

First I let it Run on a power Supply to see if it did not make the Danm noise that I had before and also looked if the fan controller works

Now I have build A New system and I Noticed that The 3rd Profile Light started Flashing and now it doesn't light up at all (I Think its just A LED Failure However I am Not 100% sure)

I am using Noiseblocker M12-P Fans because they only produce a noise level of 12-29 dBA And still provide enough airflow to keep the H100 rad cool

However I noticed that these fans are 2.64 watt while the stock fans that come with the unit are 2.2 watt

I Already asked in an other topic if the controller could handle this However I Never got an answer on that question

I Could RMA it Again But I currently Do not have a Replacement Cooler (Since those Idiots at Intel Were So Rubbish to Not include A Stock cooler)

So Does anyone have an Idea How to Fix this ?

Or is there an Advanced RMA option to get A Replacement Right away ?

Just went back to the store ... I can pickup A new one tomorrow ...

They Really looked weird when I asked them if they had an Intel Socket 2011 Cooler

They actually didn't know that there actually was a Intel cooler for Socket 2011

and all the other stores were equally surprised but one of them Had A cooler that fitted onto Socket 2011 witch was around the same price as the stock cooler so Now I am running with that for now (Turned Turbo Boost off just to play it safe)

I am still surprised that Intel Has a stock cooler but Not one computer store even has it or even knows it exists ...

I still did not get any answer on my Question about the NB M12-P Fan on connected to the fan controller ... Might the higher wattage demands of these fans Damage the controller in any way ????

Okay so I got another one installed right now ...

I Thought that all the Grinding problems were fixed it but ... NO

I Once again Have one that gives me the grinding noise

I Also took the liberty of getting A Intel LGA2011 Stock cooler since the other cooler did not fit ... well the cooling block did but the fan can not be attached because of the Dominator Ram Modules

So I think its Another RMA

Hopefully my 4th H100 will not have any issues

• Corsair Employee
It would be best to get your RMA process through us. I would hang on to your cooler right now and wait until the new units are in, that way we can guarantee you that the pump will not have the noise issue. Use the link on the left to request an RMA.

It would be best to get your RMA process through us. I would hang on to your cooler right now and wait until the new units are in, that way we can guarantee you that the pump will not have the noise issue. Use the link on the left to request an RMA.

Yeah I know ... Already did send A RMA Request (Oeps ... Forgot to write down the number.. Doh)

I Actually thought this issue was taken care of already since the store where I bought it did not have them in stock since I Bought the last one they had

I have to say that It Might be A Smart Idea to Brand them as 'MK2' Since this is the only way people will know if the unit they are buying is having the Problem with the pump

BTW I am now running on the Intel LGA2011 Stock cooler and I have to say its not that Bad

Okay so A Good working H100 is Better and more silent but for the money and as a spare cooler it's not that bad

I Have to add that with other coolers I would have A Problem Adding Another 32GB of Dominator Memory (witch I will be doing later this year)

Archived