The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 04:49 PM

POST ID # = 846732
Pepelycan Reputation: 10
Sad Corsair link causes bsod when opened

Hi every one.

Last day i restore muy computer to the default settings, when i installed and try to open CL it froze my computer a little after the program interface show up. I did have CL before the restore, so i dont really know what is causing this. I use windows 10 x64, and muy corsair divice is a h110 gtx

Old 04-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Sammydfp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846874
Sammydfp Reputation: 10

Hello Pepel I too am experiencing a similar fault with corsair link. In my case im using win7 home 64bit on the asrock 990fx extreme motherboard an all was working perfectly untill i reinstalled windows.

After I reinstalled windows, and downloaded all the motherboard drivers for my board, I then downloaded corsair link and like always if its a new pc ur prompted to install .Net framework 4.5 - so i did that.

The result is an instant bsod whenever I launch corsair link, regardless of the version of corsair link or the .net framework. This means that I can't use the application what so ever and is utterly broken atm.

Now i know there is a current issue still with certain boards and their SATA in conjunction with the link software, but even if i delete the offending driver and launch link, it's still an instant bsod.. im inclined to think its the . Net framework at fault here.

Any Help lads + lasses ?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846876
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Use WINDBG to analyse the dump file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammydfp View Post
Any Help lads + lasses ?
I would use WINDBG to analyse the dump file rather than just guessing what caused the BSOD. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=760776 for how to do this.

Even if it is CL I doubt Corsair will do much as I am still awaiting a response to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=845182 along with almost all the other issues I have posted about.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Sammydfp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846877
Sammydfp Reputation: 10

I see, I thought a bout using the dump tool to identify it but I thought people would have more knowledge on here.

As for link it's self, how can it of been working perfectly before hand and is dead now ? ( the computer reinstall was only a day ago )

On the worse end of the spectrum, is there something as good as or better than corsair link to monitor, auto change fan speeds at certain temps , ( links quiet mode , ballenced, and performance mode ) and the like.

I've been looking at a few and none of them go as high speed rpm as links 2600 speed, the nearest is 2000-2200 which i would of thought would raise my temp horrible, as with link it's max temp was never over 60. ( would also need to be a 240mm rad to fit my case )

Tags
bsod, corsair link, crashes, h110 gtx, windows 10