Corsair Community

connecting 8 LL120 fans

lets say i wanted to use 8 fans . AND led strips, i have the NODE and HUB ....

now the HUB has place only for 6 fans, i understand i can get power from splitters and so on ... but how would you connect the other 2 RGB Cables ?

yes dude thats the correct way to do it.,, but you want strips also? which means 3 LED channels needed.. there is a User here Called DevBiker... he makes cables that allow yous to fiddle the system ;).... Edited by Zotty

For the LL fans, you'd need to have 2 fan hubs. You can put a seventh on an existing hub with an RGB Fan splitter but 8 will draw too much power.

However, what you can do with a second fan hub is a fan hub splitter. This will allow you to put 2 fan hubs on a single channel. Now, they will be mirrors of each other but it'll work. In your case, you'd put 4 LL fans on each fan hub.

• 1 year later...

DevBiker, I have a similar setup but instead, I have a Commander Pro.

My Setup:

X3 Front LL120

x2 Top LL120 (with the H100i Platinum SE installed CPU Cooler)

x1 rear ll12

x2 bottom ll120

I have my front 3, rear, and bottom 2 connected to the hub and that goes into channel 1 of the Como pro and then the 4 RGB strips into channel 2

Is there a way to setup X8 LL120 fans and a light strip to the commander pro in order to use the Sequential lighting effect?

Lighting Link In ICUE does work to link all ICUE compatible devices and effects like Visor, Rain, Rainbow wave, etc, but it doesn't have a sequential option for Lighting Link.

Can what I want be achieved?

Is there a way to setup X8 LL120 fans and a light strip to the commander pro in order to use the Sequential lighting effect?

unfortunately its all based around 6 fans buddy.. none of the pre programmed effects will travel past 6 fans. (pong etc)

• 6 months later...
I currently have a Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB and I'm using Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO with Dual ML120 PRO RGB PWM Fans, the case have 3 LL120 RGB fans and for the back I'm using a Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro. I'm using the Lighting Node pro and RGB Fan LED Hub that came with the case. I'm thinking on adding 2 more fans to the bottom of the case, my question is which fan should I buy and also, what do I need to be able to connect the 2 extra fans since all the ports of the hub are in use?