Corsair Community

Need Help with CUE Color Storage Values.

autovfx

I've been trying to make a re-entry into the Profile Space and have run into a roadblock when it comes to the color values stored in HEX.

When I Look at the color values stored they are usually in this format

#__,__,__,__

or FF000000

Basically all other storage methods for HEX color values are 6 Digit.

#__,__,__

when I adjust a color in CUE and save out I get these results

#FF,FF,00,00

for red=255 green=0 blue=0

#FF,00,FF,00

for red=0 breen=255 blue=0

#FF,00,00,FF

for red=0 Green=0 blue=255

This leads me to believe that the first two digits are some sort of Alpha or brightness value. However when I adjust for this I find that the colors that are output to the keyboard are not the colors that I expect.

Does anyone know the format used to store the color values or the data structure?

I've spent the better part of 2 days trying to find the appropriate format by trial and error, however I can't seem to get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

This would be of course to make some sweet new profiles that really wouldn't be possible CUE side, and must be done in the files themselves.

Best wishes.

Auto

This leads me to believe that the first two digits are some sort of Alpha or brightness value. However when I adjust for this I find that the colors that are output to the keyboard are not the colors that I expect.

I have no idea what you are talking about except I would add that it is likely the last two hex chars defining the brightness or opacity / intensity because HSLA or RGBA are common standards in web and other formats. The A being Alpha and coming after the letters, and at least in CSS it is defined after the RGB HSL values typically (its something like rgba(255,255,255,0.1)), so I would assume that means the Hex in your example would follow the same format.

Exactly

However the only consistent two characters are the first two.

The others all cycle appropriately.

It's almost as if corsair has a custom transform function when dealing with these values. I wish I could figure it out...

Any input from someone who knows the cue software in and out

word...FWIW, I think I can help with the below.

I just tried myself to do solid red full opacity then reduced it to zero and no change to the hex number. But i realized there is a separate value for the opacity, see bold below:

<lighting>

<polymorphic_id>24</polymorphic_id>

<ptr_wrapper>

<id>2147487513</id>

<data>

<base>

<base>

<name></name>

<id>{363d1e79-77bb-4d37-bc61-215e501d89d6}</id>

<hidden>false</hidden>

<isPredefined>false</isPredefined>

<duration>10000</duration> <brightness>10</brightness> </base> </base> <transitions size="dynamic"> <value0> <time>0</time> <color>#ffff0000</color> </value0> </transitions> <opacity>0</opacity> </data> </ptr_wrapper> </lighting>

Then I ran a search for <color># and the next function was a gradient I use and the pre-pended part (you were 100% right above) is linked to opacity. In my case it didn't change until I reduced the latter (end value of the gradient) to to zero and I got:

<transitions size="dynamic">

<value0>

<time>0</time>

<color>#ffff0088</color>

</value0>

<value1>

<time>1</time>

<color>#00ff0088</color>

</value1>

</transitions>

vs originally at full opacity:

<value1>

<time>1</time>

<color>#ffff0088</color>

</value1>

After Re importing the saved cue profile, I just tested by editing my value1 to #00FFFFFF and I got full white zero opacity/full transparency.::pirate::

How if i may ask are you planning to, or able to make cooler profiles than the cue software is able to? Despite a few issues, I happen to be a bit of a corsair shill-fan and think the product is frankly a lot better than many of the alternatives. I'd love to see what you come up with.

See that's what I was thinking,

Here's my theory of the behavior I am seeing.

The colors FF0000 00FF00 and 0000FF being full R G B values behave as is prescribed. However the transformative steps between these colors exhibit erratic behavior. For example going to the web and grabbing a pink HEX color value and plugging it into the values of course with the "alpha" weirdness prepended to the value It tends to come out in CUE oddly.

I guess what I mean is that the colors aren't behaving according to the values I'm putting in.

To answer your question, Code is always more granular than what can be done with mouse clicks. its just a lot more time consuming. but the nature of the logic behind what you are coding makes all the difference.

Think about trying to have 100 surgeons do open heart surgery on the same patient through the same chest cavity. Gets crowded... CUE, is like that.

I'd like to avoid that problem. It also allows me to be very much more specific with what I'm doing.

Archived