Corsair Community

Dominator DRAM Question: When Airflow Plat. fan is included is its use required

damian21

Some of the Dominator Platinum DRAM kits come with the Dominator Airflow Platinum LED Fan. (For example the Dominator Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit)

For the kits that come with the fan, is use of the fan required for the DRAM to be stable at the tested timings?

Alternatively is the fan only needed when trying to overclock the RAM beyond the tested timings and for Corsair Link integration?

Basically I am considering buying this RAM because I like the way the RAM looks, and I would have no interest in covering it up with a fan.

For the kits that come with the fan, is use of the fan required for the DRAM to be stable at the tested timings?

For normal use it is not required but completely optional to use the Airflow Fan.

Alternatively is the fan only needed when trying to overclock the RAM beyond the tested timings...

Overclocking can benefit from a bit of additional airflow, but from my experience with DDR4 so far, memory temperatures were not an issue with anything close to a 24/7 setting (so with a Vdimm sub 1.5V).

Archived