Corsair Community

CMSA4GX3M1A1333C9 not working!

mr.kapur

I bought two Corsair CMSA4GX3M1A1333C9 4GB DDR3 memory sticks for my Acer Aspire 5745G-434G50Mnks. Originally my laptop came with two Samsung M471B5673FH0-CH9 2GB DDR3 memory sticks. After installing the new ram, Windows 8 stopped booting and says that "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". It goes into a bootloop. I tried checking the ram through Memtest 86 & Memtest 86+ but the test stops and reboots the laptop after 5 secs with colourful horizontal bands on the display.

I know the memory is labelled as "MAC Memory" but the ram works perfectly on my Acer Aspire One 722-0465. I tried both the corsair sticks (one by one as there is only 1 ram slot) and the A0722 recognizes it without any problem!

My AO722 came with one 4GB DDR3 Kingston ACR512X64D3S13C9G memory that works perfectly on my Aspire 5745G. I have researched extensively online and compared the Kingston with Corsair ram and both are 100% identical (4GB DDR3, 1333Mhz, 204pin SODIMM, CL-9 unbuffered, Memory timing 9-9-9-24, 1.5V). I tried booting with one stick at a time, swapped the slots, both at one time, nothing works! However if I install both samsung or mix the Kingston and Samsung rams, the windows boots and everything is fine.

I am really confused why Samsung and Kingston ram works whereas Corsair doesn't.

Please let me know if I am missing something!

Cheers,

mr.kapur

LINKS:

Samsung RAM: http://www.oempcworld.com/OEMPCworld-com/2-0G-PC3-SO10666-Samsung.html

Kingston RAM: http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemdetail.aspx?itemid=1468876941

Corsair RAM: http://www.corsair.com/en/corsair-mac-memory-4gb-ddr3-sodimm-memory-kit-cmsa4gx3m1a1333c9.html

mr.caper,

Corsair does not suggest mixing memory , which may be the case here. I understand you bought two sigle sticks of the same exact memory vs a matched kit and Corsair views this as mixing memory because they have not been tested together. There is just no way to tell if any two random parts will work together if at all.

Sometimes you can make up for that or get them to play nice with each other by adjusting certain system voltages , but your BIOS is locked and doesn't allow it.

Your best bet is to return them and try a matched 8 gig kit. Something like this

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/laptop-memory-upgrades.html

Oh , and could you please delete your other thread in the laptop forums please? This way all information can be kept to one thread.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to return the sticks and get a kit instead.

However, if I go for the same MAC memory (as a kit), will that work? If not, which specific 8GB ddr3 1333mhz kit would you suggest me to buy?

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

The Part number CMSA4GX3M1A1333C9 is made for and qualified on an Apple Core i5 System and it should work on this system but since its not been listed I cannot guarantee it would work. However your system is listed in our memory finder and the module that is suggest should work great in your system.

CM3X4GSD1066

Or CM3X2GSD1066

I believe I figured out what's wrong.

My system is compatible with DDR3 Ram stick with 16x256mb "black chips" (2Rx8). All the ram sticks that are working with my laptop have 8 chips on each side (16 chip in total).

The falsely advertised corsair memory shows that it has 8 chips on each side (16 in total) on the pictures of the ram stick on the corsair website, whereas I was shipped with 8x512mb chips ram sticks (4 on each side; 1Rx8).

I have been shipped with ram sticks different from the ones shown in the pictures on the corsair website.

Hence I would like to RMA the sticks and get the ones with 16x256mb "black chips" (2Rx8)

Does Corsair make 2Rx8 rams or should I ask for a refund through RMA?

Thanks,

mr.kapur

Your threads have been merged together.

The images on the site are general representations, hence why there's nothing on the label. They use ICs from various manufacturers and of different sizes. If IC size was an official spec it would be on the specs list on the product page (which it isn't). You should return them to the reseller.

Also, they don't list that the memory would be compatible with your system in their memory configurator.

• Corsair Employee
The Pictures are just examples and some resellers do not show an exact picture of the specific module. However, about a 2 years ago memory IC manufacturers switched to memory Dies that are 512M X 8 so all of our DDR3 memory has moved to that Build except the DDR1066 speed grade. So as I stated previously the DDR3 4.0 Gig modules that are DDR31066 will work in your system.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunely I have the same problem, but i have two models

The old memory 2x2gb samsung m471b5673fh0-ch9

The new memory 2x4gb kingston KVR13S9S8/4

when i put the new memory sticks. So in the loading screen the windows crashes, i try put the intalation CD of windows 7 and XP and happens the same problem. Only with linux the system recognize the 8gb and works fine.

Like the post, the old sticks have 16 chips, 8 each size, and the new have 8 chips 4 each size.

My BIOS recognize the 8gb and i try to change everything in the BIOS and the problem remain.

I will be very greatful if anyone help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived