The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 AM

POST ID # = 998301
UMUX Reputation: 10
Default iCue installation causes problems with my fans!

Just built a big machine 4x2080ti, 24 fans. In a Corsair 1000D.

Motherboard: X299 Aorus Master.

All fans from EKWB.

Everything was working smoothly. All fans could be controlled with Smart Fan from Gigabyte. However, I installed iCue so that I could control the RGB on the 1000D.

Immediately as I installed iCue, all fans got loud and now they're loud, starting and stopping. I tried unstalling iCue but no way back to the way I had it. It seems changing profiles in Smart Fan no longer works either. So who knows what happened when I installed iCue.

What can I do to fix this? I've tried changing profile in BIOS for the fans, but the issue continues.

Reinstall Windows?

Would appreciate ideas!
Old 03-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Psycrow's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998345
Psycrow Reputation: 10

Do like me..Install icue for the RGB controle and install D link for the fan speed controle..its the only way you can controle fans 100 % icue is so buggy.. i hate it.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:46 AM

POST ID # = 998395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
Do like me..Install icue for the RGB controle and install D link for the fan speed controle..its the only way you can controle fans 100 % icue is so buggy.. i hate it.
Thanks! Removing iCue completely (keeping my rainbow lights on the case), using Link together with Smart Fan from Gigabyte seems to be the good combo.

Any fans connected with splitters (+ molex) to the motherboard headers seems to be controlled nicely, but those connected to the commander pro was a mess to control. What I had to do was set a fixed % rpm on any fans connected to the commander pro. That worked. Just probably have to manually up it if I do heavy rendering..

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:19 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998409
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Where are your fans connected? To the motherboard or to the CoPro that comes with the 1000D?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:25 AM

POST ID # = 998522

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Where are your fans connected? To the motherboard or to the CoPro that comes with the 1000D?
I've got 24 fans, with 4 headers on the motherboard + the commander pro, so they're connected across all.

On the 4 headers, I'm using splitters into 4 (with molex). On the commander pro, on the first fan port, I got another splitter (with molex), and the 5 remaining ports on the CP, I go direct to fans.