Corsair Community

Remaps and Macros not working in iCUE

aripberg

Macros and remaps also stopped working for me a couple of weeks ago on my K95 RGB after I had to create a new Windows (10) user profile after it screwed up updating to build 1809. From that point on, macros and remaps didn't work, even after reinstalling.

As per the previous post, the Corsair driver had an alert icon on it in Device Manager saying that no driver was installed. Today, I 'repaired' the install and remaps now started working. I'll find out later if it continues to work after a reboot...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Took some messing around, but I managed to get it to work.

For the sake of safety I did a number of things, as such, I recommend doing them all.

>Make sure icue and your mouse is up to date

>Completely close the program (right click icon in bottom right and click quit)

>Repair program installation

>Make sure your mouse, if wireless, is plugged in. It has to actually 'upload' the macros.

This is how I got it to work. Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey There !

So As someone stated since the start of this thread, this is a problem of permissions.

But for me, launching it as Administrator directly from right-click didn't work ... Which is odd because my solution do basicly the same thing.

I managed to resolve the issue by going inside the installation folder and doing 2 things :

For "iCUE.exe" and "iCUE Launcher.exe" we have to put them as launching as administrator ( well it differs for all windowses ... That how to do on W10 : Right Click > Properties > Compatibility > Modify parameters for all users > Execute this program as Admin )

- Just to make sure it doesn't shift permissions after it have been launched, I also put iCUE.exe Security parameters as of full control to all users. ( Properties > Security > choose Users on top, Modify > Check all autorisations )

That solved it for me :) ! The only downside is the Admin Rights prompt as soon as you launch Windows ;) !

I hope i helped many of you there.

Following a lot of this for a while now and made an account here now because 'I THINK' I found another thing to add for this fix. And 'I THINK' it might of fixed it for me.

This fix included complete uninstallation, regedit removal etc. (tho no administrator privileges fix)

I'm using a LAPTOP so these power settings may not be on desktop?

BUT if you go into

Windows key > Edit Power Plan > Change advanced power settings > USB settings > USB selective suspend setting > and choose Disabled for both On battery and Plugged in.

On and off multiple times a week i've had bugs where i'd need to either restart my PC and hope it works or reinstall/repair iCUE to make remaps work on my corsair scimitar.

As you all are aware it's literally the crux of corsair is the software. Remapping is annoying and having to repair the installation is annoying. But I think it has solved the problem for me. So far so good.

IF I get an issue again, I will come back and edit this post for sure.

*EDIT*

Nope,

On restart today re-maps on my corsair scimitar stopped working again. Looks like i'm going to have to do more reinstalls or restarts to fix it.

Fix your **** corsair.

*EDIT 2*

Found the ultimate solution.

I installed a much older version of Corsair utility engine, was then able to edit the .xml files and removed part of the xml file to disable the lock on rebinding the profile switch for the hardware profiles.

Then I set up my bindings onto all three hardware profiles, saved them to the mouse, and set the CUE or iCUE software to not run on my computer. I could even uninstall CUE now since they are saved to my mouse.

Now the mouse works as it should, no more repairs, reboots, or reinstalls. Just because I used older software and undid corsairs ability to disable profile switching in the xml files to use the mouse as I please.

Edited by jerebare

Checking in again...months later, and I'm still having issues. I've been able to run the "Repair" on iCUE after restarting computer (sometimes have to do it 4-5 times), but today I've done it probably 10 times with no luck. I've noticed that the problem is limited to macros and remaps that involve keyboard buttons. If I'm launching an app, starting a timer, or switching profiles, everything works great. But as soon as I need a mouse button to function as a button press, nothing happens.

For the love of all that is holy and good, can someone please find a proper fix for this.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have also been experiencing the binding issue after being very exited when buying the K95 Platinum keyboard, Dark Core SE Mouse and VOID pro wireless headset.:mad:

The physical product and build quality is excellent but the ICUE software seems to have security rights issues with windows as mentioned before by other members, I am using version 3.20.80.

What I found useful on my windows 10 setup was the post from Dragomitch.

For "iCUE.exe" and "iCUE Launcher.exe" we have to put them as launching as administrator ( well it differs for all windowses ... That how to do on W10 : Right Click > Properties > Compatibility > Modify parameters for all users > Execute this program as Admin )

My 1st attempt:

1. Disable antivirus or add the ICUE program files folder to the "allow" list.

2. Set the "iCUE.exe" and "iCUE Launcher.exe" to always run as administrator as explained by Dragomitch. (Thanks)

3. Run repair and reboot PC.

Bindings started working as expected but was short lived as next reboot they no longer worked.

My 2nd attempt:

1. On "Task Manager" on the "Startup" tab (visible when selecting "more details" in the bottom left corner) I disabled ICUE so that it does not launch when starting up the PC.

2. Pin "iCUE.exe" to your taskbar so that you can launch it easily. (you could probably also use a desktop shortcut for this)

3. Right click on the shortcut then right click on "ICUE" in the popup to select "Properties", Click on "Advanced" button then tick the "run as administrator" option and "OK", "Apply" and "OK" again.

So basically ICUE does not start up when windows loads up, you now have to manually launch it from your shortcut before your bindings will work but that being said they are working for me now every time since running this manual process. :sunglasse

I now get an intermittent issue which renders my headset useless on some startups but this I can get working again by running the the windows "troubleshoot sound problems" from the sound icon in the taskbar tray. (First time ever a windows troubleshooter ever actually works for me!)

Hope this post helps anyone.

Corsair help your loyal customers out here!

• 4 months later...
Hey There !

So As someone stated since the start of this thread, this is a problem of permissions.

But for me, launching it as Administrator directly from right-click didn't work ... Which is odd because my solution do basicly the same thing.

I managed to resolve the issue by going inside the installation folder and doing 2 things :

- Just to make sure it doesn't shift permissions after it have been launched, I also put iCUE.exe Security parameters as of full control to all users. ( Properties > Security > choose Users on top, Modify > Check all autorisations )

That solved it for me :) ! The only downside is the Admin Rights prompt as soon as you launch Windows ;) !

I hope i helped many of you there.

This fixed my problem. Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...

For me, the Key Remapping function keeps constantly drops and not working as intended.

It works for one day or 2 and then, it's not working for no reasons. I have this problems since day 1 I own the Corsair M65 Pro RGB. The middle wheel click has never worked, which is great to open a url or link in a new tab! Now i'm pretty sure i'm out of warranty.

I love this mouse but these problems makes me regret my choice. It's pretty annoying that has not been fix for several years.

My finds :

Only the key remapping is not working.

When i press the sniper button, the orginal feature (mouse move is slower) is disabled (which is cool). It only need to simulate a key press

It true for every mouse buttons, not only the sniper

If I change for text, it works #1.

When iCue is completely closed, the orginal feature (mouse move is slower) is enabled but the middle wheel click still not working as intented!

No fixs posted here is working for me!

Finally, iCue does the job for the first half (disabling the sniper button original feature) but the second half (Key remapping) is not working properly.

Edited by BigPino67

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Try deleting all of your onboard profiles, recreate macros under "Hardware Actions", bind each to your G keys, then go to Onboard Profiles to save your changes to the keyboard internal memory. The hardware actions only works when iCUE is not running in the background; so quit iCUE and the macros should (hopefully) work again. There shouldn't be any need to reinstall the operating system or play with permission/security, registry, BIOS etc. as that's extreme.

Update: I have right-clicked on the iCUE.exe and then picked out the "Run as administrator" option from the context menu to launch the program; this didn't fix the issue however I do see an error message regarding conflicting profiles (software vs hardware) so allowed it to correct the issue automatically. Didn't help. Saw the message at bottom left that a repair is needed so went into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features > "CORSAIR iCUE Software" and clicked on Repair button. All macros are working again with iCUE running in the background.

Edited by DevinC