Corsair Community

Force 3 128GB dead - too late?

crispy345

Hello!

So, I bought a Force 3 from my friend a while back. I bought it in functional order, though, after just little to none use it stopped working. At the time he had trouble getting the reciept for it, so eventually I forgot about it and managed to forget where I put the SSD.

Anyway, I have now found it (nearly a year later) and I would like to know if it's still possible to trade these in and fix them as I (now) know that there was a huge deal about issues with these back in 2011/12. I did pay some money for this, so if this is possible that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Kristoffer

Kristoffer

normally warranties are good only for the original purchaser,you may get your friend to have this done assuming he can find the receipt.

at any rate its best to call customer support and explain the situation to them and they can advise you...

• Administrators

The warranty is not transferable. The original owner could RMA it with a copy of the receipt, but it would have to be < 3 years old.

Also, we never made a Force 3 128 GB drive. Sounds like you're thinking about the Force 3 120 GB drives from 3+ years ago.

Archived