Corsair Community

Having issues with Toolbox and SSD speeds

Trivius

I just test my SSD speeds with Crystal Disk and they are just over 300 for read and over 200 for write; I am running two, one-year old, Corsair Neutron GTX' in RAID-0, in SATA III. Needless to say those speeds are vastly off from where they should be at.

Today I attempted to install and use Corsair SSD Toolbox, but it is only showing a few fields in the drive info area, most of the fields are blank, 0, N/A, and I cannot access any of the features they are all either shaded out or show that feature as not supported for these drives.

In BIOS they used to be set to RAID, but I changed it to AHCI upon recommend settings for the Toolbox. That did not help anything either.

One issue that has concerned me ever since I installed my Windows 7, is that Windows has always treated my SSD, which is my OS drive, as a removable device, running it under a 'Marvell raid VD 0 ATA Device'. I have never been able to figure out how to make it stop doing this or no longer use the Marvell driver, uninstall it, etc.

So now I am wondering if the above issue is the root of my inability to use the Toolbox, along with my poor read/write speeds, or if my SSD have serious hardware issues and need to be replaced (although software shows their condition as good)?

Advise on how to resolve these issues would be much appreciated.

That's a Marvell SATA 3/6G controller. They are TERRIBLE SATA controllers and will not run your SSD at anything close to the full speed of the SSD. Even though they claim higher specifications, you are better off using the Intel SATA 2/3G controller on that board.

Thank you for the update. I read something about that in another thread, as to the issues with Marvell. How do I go about installing the Intel version, which is the proper version to be used with Corsair SSD on Windows 7, Ultimate, 64bit (Presuming that is permitted?) and will that damage the current RAID?

And does the use of Marvell also pertain to the problems I am having in the Toolbox, not having access to any of its features?

• 1 month later...
That's a Marvell SATA 3/6G controller. They are TERRIBLE SATA controllers and will not run your SSD at anything close to the full speed of the SSD. Even though they claim higher specifications, you are better off using the Intel SATA 2/3G controller on that board.

Quick question for you Yellowbeard.. In regards to determining whether or not you are using the Marvell or Intel controller, is this software controlled or by physically seeing that the SATA ports correlate to both Marvell and Intel, and to connect it to the Intel controller?

Archived