Corsair Community

Trouble Configuring SIV to control H80iV2

boeing253

Hi Folks,

Well I've been having alot of problems with CL4 and the H80i V2 cooler not working properly.

Basically CL4 doesn't control the Fan speed at all I can set to performance, balanced, quiet and fan speed stays at 780rpm.

Except for when I first bootup the machine it ramps up to about 1900rpm before the CPU usage drops and so to the fans.

I use AIDA64 Extreme also to monitor my system and it shows the fan speeds.

So I downloaded SIV as an alternative to control my H80i V2.

But I'm stuck. I followed the Guide for the Configuring Link Fan Control but I can't get into 6 = Custom mode on the RPM option only on PWM option.

I want to control the fans by RPM option as it's easier for me just to set a Temperature Point and then a corresponding Fan Speed RPM, but if I follow the guide when I select 6 = Custom on RPM it just reverts to 1 = NA.

Below are some screenshots showing Link Status, Link Fans, and the Link Fans page before I make any changes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4q9UN-iU3GAUDhIbWhlS1RqZFE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4q9UN-iU3GAZGhyQmFxbXlMVmM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4q9UN-iU3GAU2JMMlN5VVY1VUk

Any help to get this cooler working would be great.

Thanks,

Asetek coolers such as the H80iV2 don't support setting the fan RPM which is why when you set mode 1 you get NA.

You need to select mode 6 (Custom) and then set the PWM % for each point as below.

I have also attached the relationship between the PWM % and RPM for my H80iGT and suspect your H80iV2 will be similar.

The guy who wrote the guide has the CoolIT H100 + CL Mini which use RPM rather than PWM % which is why the examples have custom curves with RPMs. GPUs + PSUs also use PWM % rather than RPM.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26596&stc=1&d=1474958752

attachment.php?attachmentid=26007&d=1469718976

343694436_LinkFansH100iV2.thumb.png.48a0444e54d25622771d28c3b90646f0.png

Thanks for clarifying that red-ray.

I thought just for the sake of testing CL4 I uninstalled AIDA64 as I noticed that CL4 would run normally on startup until this program started up as it's monitoring my whole system cpu temp gpu temp fan speeds etc.

So I uninstalled this and tested for 2 hours CL4 whilst playing a game and behold it worked normally as in fan speed increased/decreased with cpu temp.

I still have to test a bit more but that system monitoring software may have been the issue. It's a real pain as I used it to tell me what my system was doing.

Thanks for your reply red-ray.

I did a quick google search relating to CL4 & AIDA64 and found some posts relating to the problems between the two programs. There seems to be a fix by disabling the Asetek sensor in AIDA64 settings.

I would really like to keep AIDA64 on my machine so will have to test out and see if it works. Will use SIV as a backup incase CL4 doesn't work still as would ideally just like to use CL4 if I can but will use your great little program if I can't get things working together.

With AIDA64 uninstalled CL4 is running normal with my custom curve and fans increasing and decreasing rpm.

Archived