Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4.3.0.154 (PROBLEM DRAM LED)

Extreme_Jero

i have MSI x99a Gaming Pro Carbon with bios 7A20 v.1.2

Read the supported hardware specification.

BETA support for Vengeance LED memory modules. Z170 Platforms ONLY (added in v4.3.0.154)

As to why only Z170 is support I don't know and feel X99 not being supported is rather poor.

Read the supported hardware specification.

As to why only Z170 is support I don't know and feel X99 not being supported is rather poor.

I was told today that x99 support is in the works.... hopefully sooner than later.

I was told today that x99 support is in the works.... hopefully sooner than later.

Having looked at the CPUID SDK API for it to be missing at all is incompetent and as regards Corsair saying "x99 support is in the works" given the below I advise you not to hold your breath.

I suspect if I had the DIMM LED specification it would take me a couple of days to get SIV to support them including changing the LED colour based on the DIMM temperature (actually any temperature)! It would be interesting to see what the SIV [sMB Bus] (Menu->System->SMB Bus) panel reports.

Some fixes appear to get promised, but then never seem to be released.

This is a known issue with a fix coming.

This was posted over 17 months ago on 02-Feb-2015 so I would have expected it to be fixed by now. On what date is the fix expected? On 03-Feb-2015 Corsair stated:

I believe it requires a firmware update to be corrected. It should be in the next Corsair Link drop, or the one after.

There have been at least 8 CL drops since then :(:.

So just so you guys know, we're aware of this bug, but because of the issues we've seen with H100i/H80i and the current version of C-Link, this has been backburnered to get more pressing problems fixed.

Posted on 03-Nov-2014, over 22 months ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am considering getting the Corsair Vengeance LED 16 Gb [2x8] memory kit for my new build. Flashing LEDs will make me crazy. The RAM will be the only Corsair parts in my build. Is the Corsair Link software up to the task of letting me stop the flashing and change to a steady white LED? I am kind of a newbie to PC building and from what I read here, it seems as if ths software is buggy and causes problems. If that is the case, I would rather stick with the Vengeance LPX, lose out on the lighting effect, but save myself a lot of headaches. Any advice?

System:

Thermaltake V21

i5 6600K

MSI Z170M Mortar

Win 10 64-bit

Seasonic 550 80+Gold

Samsung 850 Evo 500gb

Thanks!

ScottNY,

I wouldn't say that it "...seems as if this software is buggy..." The truth is that CL is a bunch of bugs with limited functionality, in which any lucky functionality may be broken at any instant by Corsair!

If you want to buy the modules, do so, but buy them specifically with a viewpoint toward buying them where you can easily return them if things don't work out. Pay lots of attention to any return policies, and whatever you do, if you run into problems return them before your time is up with the merchant, or you'll likely get stuck with living with the issues.

ScottNY,

I wouldn't say that it "...seems as if this software is buggy..." The truth is that CL is a bunch of bugs with limited functionality, in which any lucky functionality may be broken at any instant by Corsair!

If you want to buy the modules, do so, but buy them specifically with a viewpoint toward buying them where you can easily return them if things don't work out. Pay lots of attention to any return policies, and whatever you do, if you run into problems return them before your time is up with the merchant, or you'll likely get stuck with living with the issues.

Thanks! My previous research and your reply guided me to to a killer deal on the G.Skill TridentZ. I would have liked to have gone with the Corsair LED or Dominator RAM for some extra "wow factor" but it's not worth it only to be frustrated by crappy, lazy software writing.

• 1 year later...
i have corsair vengance rgb 3000mhz and i cant change the color of it in corsair link it wont give me the option and im on a gi9gabyte x470 mobo i just want it to shine two seperate colors like it did when i first instalkled then now they just always go one color

Archived