Corsair Community

Corsair Mousepads?

Purify

So I have a: Corsair mouse (m90), Corsair keyboard (k90), Corsair case, Corsair PSU, Corsair memory and want to get a Corsair headset (they're just really expensive and I can't afford one at the moment).

So as you can figure I'm a pretty big fan of corsair due to how high quality all their products seem to be.

Recently you guys have gotten into the peripheral market with mice, keyboards and headsets and so I'm curious as to why you haven't released some gaming mousepads. I currently have a razer exactmat x and after a while it really wears out and now it's not really worth using anymore. I would be interested to see a Corsair made one that would hopefully be better quality and last longer.

Note: Make the grips durable and less likely to fall off :P

Thanks for reading!

I just came to this section of the forums to ask about possible Corsair mousepads and it's great to see that the idea has already been suggested and passed on. :D:

If I could make any suggestions I would say for the design to go well with the K60/K90 and possibly have an aluminium border or maybe even a detachable wrist rest like the K90?

Corsair should Not be adding new items to their catelogue at this time.

Their reputation has already been tarnished with their peripheral product line. People recognize Corsair with their high quality memory, power supplies, case/water cooling, and computer cases. They don't attribute Corsair with high quality peripherals. You can't bring them up on any Hardware forum without being attributed to poor quality control issues. (Have no clue about their SSDs-I go with the Kings-ton for those).

The New Software did fixed a lot of problems. Unfortunately it was much too late. There is plenty that needs to be done to make them more reliable. I'm slightly anticipating one of the LEDs will go out on my K90. And grudingly accepting when my SP2200 developes the "Left Speaker of Crackling Doom." I love my Corsair Power Supply, throughly enjoy my 700D, and had no problems with my Vengeance Memory. Their input devices are another story.

• Corsair Employee
Corsair should Not be adding new items to their catelogue at this time.

Their reputation has already been tarnished with their peripheral product line. People recognize Corsair with their high quality memory, power supplies, case/water cooling, and computer cases. They don't attribute Corsair with high quality peripherals. You can't bring them up on any Hardware forum without being attributed to poor quality control issues. (Have no clue about their SSDs-I go with the ******** for those).

The New Software did fixed a lot of problems. Unfortunately it was much too late. There is plenty that needs to be done to make them more reliable. I'm slightly anticipating one of the LEDs will go out on my K90. And grudingly accepting when my SP2200 developes the "Left Speaker of Crackling Doom." I love my Corsair Power Supply, throughly enjoy my 700D, and had no problems with my Vengeance Memory. Their input devices are another story.

I understand your frustration and believe me, we do realize where we need to improve and are continuously doing so. Sometimes there are some growing pains when introducing a new product line, and even our other products had to go through this phase. However, we will always do our best to take care of our customers and if you ever have a problem with our products, you can contact me directly and I'll resolve it for you.

Thanks for keeping a cool head about it Ram Guy. I know you invest a lot of time and effort on these forums and is much appreciated. The recent update does show Corsair is improving their product lines. It took a little longer than needed, but was conviencing enough to add another Corsair product to my PC (M90-and a little sale helped with it too). Needeless to say, my M90 experience has been much better than with the M60.

The LEDs on the K90 don't worry me as much. I keep them on the lowest brightness setting to help prolongue their life. My SP2200 does concern me. They are reaching the ten month mark where they are known to develop the Left Speaker Crackling. I have yet to experience this, but there's plenty of sources out there to confirm it.

People might think "How can Corsair screw up on a Mouse Pad?" But you'll be surprised how many companies offering a gaming line-up do. Or fail to offer anything that hasn't been done before. Would bring up a German company that's bringing their Gaming Line-up to the States, but looking at my post above it might get sensored out. Bottom-line: No one is buying their mousepads because they offer nothing new to the table. Their best and most expensive was already beated to the punchline by SS in '09.

I hope Corsair don't pay attention to Revillis's rant. Not only is he only person to think it's a bad idea, out of four of us who would like one but it appears he doesn't understand how technology companies work. I challenge him to find ONE company that produces perfection in their products, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sure, there may have been an issue at the start but as soon as they realized it, they released a fix straight away. Sometimes problems aren't seen upon initial design and to see them requires a release of the product.

So to clarify, Corsair SHOULD work on some of their own mousepads.

If your SP2200 acts up, let me know. I will take care of it.

Appreciate it RAM Guy. Hasn't developed any problems yet so let's hope it stays that way.

Now you know this is coming and hope it doesn't break the forum rules.

I hope Corsair don't pay attention to Revillis's rant. Not only is he only person to think it's a bad idea, out of four of us who would like one but it appears he doesn't understand how technology companies work. I challenge him to find ONE company that produces perfection in their products, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Sure, there may have been an issue at the start but as soon as they realized it, they released a fix straight away. Sometimes problems aren't seen upon initial design and to see them requires a release of the product.

Companies do not need to make "perfect" products. They just need a "perfection" that proceeds their reputation. Hence why the Corsair name is known with high Quality Memory, Cases, and other products.

Re-releasing a product that was supposedly "fixed" on release is not a good idea. That cost money and a red letter on the brand. Companies can't afford that in this highly competitive gaming peripheral market. A product with a bad reputation is usually a good sign of being discontinued. Look at how Technology Companies work to understand that *rolls eyes*. (Doubt anyone wants to see a V 2.0 of the M & K series right now-unless there's an astronomical difference or getting the upgrade for free. I'm positive Corsair doesn't want to foot company resources on that either).

Bottom Line: Corsair can do whatever they want. I don't own the company nor shares in it. I Just represent them with a Case, Power Supply, Speakers, Memory, Mouse, and a Keyboard.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived