Corsair Community

Any new Corsair fans coming?

mpoffo

Are there any new Corsair RGB fans coming out in the next 6 months or so? Anyone heard any rumblings of updates to the LL fans or another new series?

I realize Corsair will not say much but I am looking to update my set-up with the Corsair 1000D and transplant my HD RGB fans to another system I have. Since the fans are a large and expensive investment I wanted to see if I should wait a bit before taking the plunge. A simple hold tight or move ahead comment by Corsair would be appreciated. :biggrin:

I have looked online and have not seen anything but it seems new releases come in the fall.

Thanks

Well both... Corsair does not tip their hat as to future plans until it is ready to hit the shelves. Even those of us engrossed in all of this find out when the splash pages changes on the front of the website. I am not really sure where you go from here anyway. 32 LED fans? With a second PSU for power? I suppose the controllers and hardware can be more sophisticated, but I am not sure the market would tolerate the increase in cost that would come with it.

Well both... Corsair does not tip their hat as to future plans until it is ready to hit the shelves. Even those of us engrossed in all of this find out when the splash pages changes on the front of the website. I am not really sure where you go from here anyway. 32 LED fans? With a second PSU for power? I suppose the controllers and hardware can be more sophisticated, but I am not sure the market would tolerate the increase in cost that would come with it.

Yep, just thought I would see if I get anything. I realize it was a shot in the dark. You are correct on the cost though. I was thinking maybe they might refresh the design of the LL fans but perhaps not.

I do hope they come out with an ambient lighting kit that works with ICUE and can reflect the action on the screen. Similar to the new NZXT one. I would consider getting that one but you need to run CAM all the time for that to work.

One thing is for sure we can count on something. I assume Corsair wants to keep things fresh and interesting as well as keep the money rolling in. :biggrin:

One thing to keep in mind is now with iCUE, you need to have it running all the time as well, unlike the prior state of affairs in Link with HD fans. This is especially true with LL. They recently revealed this is something they are working on changing, but there is no specific timetable for that adjustment. Obviously the more complex the lighting, the more "intelligent" it is in its application, the more likely you need an active program and CPU resources to make it happen.

One thing to keep in mind is now with iCUE, you need to have it running all the time as well, unlike the prior state of affairs in Link with HD fans. This is especially true with LL. They recently revealed this is something they are working on changing, but there is no specific timetable for that adjustment. Obviously the more complex the lighting, the more "intelligent" it is in its application, the more likely you need an active program and CPU resources to make it happen.

Very true, but I would rather minimize the programs I need to run. So it if can all be done through ICUE then all the better.

I am also hoping along with everyone else that they re-enable the ability to save lighting preferences on hardware.

Archived