The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x SDK

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 04:03 PM

POST ID # = 922982
Halko Proude Reputation: 10

Deleting the file and restarting did not work for me :(

Edit: Beat detection only seems to work like 5% of the time, as I do see a flash on my mouse, but again only very rarely.

Last edited by Halko Proude; 10-11-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:02 AM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923127
Darth Affe Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halko Proude View Post
Deleting the file and restarting did not work for me :(

Edit: Beat detection only seems to work like 5% of the time, as I do see a flash on my mouse, but again only very rarely.
Well it seems like we're talking about two different things here. The interesting thing is, is the device in sync with the preview? If yes, than it's because the beat detection is bad (which it is currently) but that would make me wonder why it gets worse for you - I didn't change anything about how it works in the last version.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM

POST ID # = 924210

Wanted to clarify earlier, deleting the file and restarting DID recreate the settings file. I think I was mistaken earlier in thinking that beat detection wasn't working at all, but rather just not nearly as much. It's been several weeks since I started using your visualizer, but I definitely remember the detection working better in v1.0 vs. currently.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924302

Quote:
but I definitely remember the detection working better in v1.0 vs. currently.
Well like I said I can't see any reason for this, but that doesn't really matter for the future, since I'm currently working on another beat detection algorithm. It's not really good right now but definitely even in this early stage better than what's in there right now.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:46 PM

POST ID # = 925136
rolinx Reputation: 10

Hello, I want to thank you for this software 1st. and i just got my new k95 Platinum. I am super hyped right now. I am facing a weird problem like your software is working perfectly while I am using my Headphone but when I am switching to speakers it's just not working the way it works like normally. I am very sadden. and I really dunno whom to ask. around.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:49 PM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925142

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinx View Post
I am facing a weird problem like your software is working perfectly while I am using my Headphone but when I am switching to speakers it's just not working the way it works like normally.
What exactly is happening? Doesn't it work at all after changing the audio device? Is it showing weird stuff?
Have you tried restarting the software after changing the audio-device and does this help? If not, what OS and audio device/driver are you using?
Old 11-07-2017, 11:57 AM

POST ID # = 925635
rolinx Reputation: 10
Sad

I am using windows 10 and motherboard is MSIZ270 GAMING PRO CARBON and yes I tried that restart thing. its just like I said earlier when I switch my audio device it works (Steelserise Arctis 5) but when I am trying to listen to my speakers logitech 5:1 system its just stuck or just do nothing .... :/
Old 11-07-2017, 02:59 PM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925656

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinx View Post
I am using windows 10 and motherboard is MSIZ270 GAMING PRO CARBON and yes I tried that restart thing. its just like I said earlier when I switch my audio device it works (Steelserise Arctis 5) but when I am trying to listen to my speakers logitech 5:1 system its just stuck or just do nothing .... :/
Ah ok, yeah I already worked on an issue with suround-systems. A fix for this will be part of the next version. I the meantime you could just replace the exe with this one: http://uploads.wyrez.org/KeyboardAudioVisualizer.exe.
This should fix the problem for you.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:50 PM

POST ID # = 927072

Gonna be an update on this sometime Darth Affe?
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 PM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927079

Quote:
Gonna be an update on this sometime Darth Affe?
Yes, there will be an update but i can't give you an fixed schedule right now.
I'm still not even a bit happy with the beat detection and i'd like to add a bit more stuff too.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:52 PM

POST ID # = 927353
Lucwousin Reputation: 10

Hey, nice program! Is there any way to change the colour from a rainbow to any other colour configuration? I'd be up for trying to compile a custom static colour version of your program (I'd need a little help though, not that experienced with cs)
Old 11-22-2017, 03:29 PM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 927364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucwousin View Post
Hey, nice program! Is there any way to change the colour from a rainbow to any other colour configuration? I'd be up for trying to compile a custom static colour version of your program (I'd need a little help though, not that experienced with cs)
No, right now there is no way to change the color in the application.
You can of course change it in the code and compile a single color version. You just need to change the brushes in the ApplicationManager.
For example, if you want to change the keyboard-color to solid blue you could just change line 105 to
Code:
primary.Brush = new SolidColorBrush(new Color(0, 0, 255));
Old 12-13-2017, 09:14 PM

POST ID # = 930441
IceDreamer Reputation: 10

Best spectrograph software by a long way mate. It's been a while since I saw a UI as simple and intuitive as this one, or a control scheme as comprehensive and accessible. Well done. Learning C++ and C#, one day I might come fix up some bugs for you.

The biggest missing feature is being able to change the colour spread from in the UI. Is this planned?

Is there any plan to increase the FPS limit beyond 40 for those of us who want it and have the horsepower?

Is there any way to reduce the (Already extremely good) latency any further?
Old 12-14-2017, 03:57 AM
//TODO add user title
Darth Affe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930482

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDreamer View Post
Best spectrograph software by a long way mate. It's been a while since I saw a UI as simple and intuitive as this one, or a control scheme as comprehensive and accessible. Well done. Learning C++ and C#, one day I might come fix up some bugs for you.
Hey, I'm glad you like it :)

Quote:
The biggest missing feature is being able to change the colour spread from in the UI. Is this planned?
To be honest this wasn't really planned - the software was implemented more as some kind of test-project and has a few general issues (code wise) that's why it's not as easy as it should be. I'll look into it but I can't promise it'll happen.

Quote:
Is there any plan to increase the FPS limit beyond 40 for those of us who want it and have the horsepower?
In theory this is possible sure, but there wont bee too much benefit in doing this. As far as I know CUE itself is running at 40 FPS internally so updating any further wont make the keyboard updating faster.

Quote:
Is there any way to reduce the (Already extremely good) latency any further?
Well that's the only real benefit that increasing the update-rate would have. I'm not sure if you would be able to really get a visible result (aside from the high CPU usage :p) out of it, but for me it's just increasing the max value of the slider so no problem, I'll add a option for this in the next version.
Edit: Ahh and obviously reducing the smoothing value will decrease the visible latency too.

Last edited by Darth Affe; 12-14-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:31 PM
Bobey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931288
Bobey Reputation: 10

I signed up just to say this-
I tried few other, commonly suggested software, but nothing worked for me. Now I've bumped into yours and everything worked perfectly. That's awesome! Interface looks nicely designed and it all even is compatible with CUE (both can be running, that is)! Thank you for this! :D

Note1: K95 Platinum user
Note2: Norton considers the .exe file as dangerous and deletes it immediately after unpacking the .rar. Had to temporarily disable it in order to run the software. Not an issue for me, because I'm going to remove norton soon anyway, as it was pre-installed, thus unwanted. I'm just letting you know.

By the way it's kind of silly, that the original CUE doesn't tell us, that we need 'anything' in order to use that lightning effect. We can pick it from the list, but it refuses to work leaving users in confusion. I had to google what's wrong with the software. ...And I'm still wondering why exactly it requires these headphones (if it indeed is the source of problem, that is). Either way, it seems to be one of the most asked features (ending up with having to install 3rd party software), so perhaps they should consider updating their software, at least with that little bit of information, as initially I was getting worried, that there's something wrong with either the software or keyboard-- if not both.

TL;DR: It works nicely, thanks!