Corsair Community

HX750W fan makes weird sound

johnnyw

Hey,

Just purchased this psu few days ago and yesterday i noticed that fan makes kinda grinding/chirping sound. Sound is not that loud in idle but if i put my ears close to psu i can easily hear it, in load sound seems to get louder when fan spins faster. So is there any things i could try or should i just rma it? Problem tho is that i allready sold my old psu and i need computer in daily basis. If i send this back to shop where i bought this it can take week or even two before i get replacement and thats just no go for me. So does Corsair offer any kind of "onsite warranty" that i could get replacement unit before i ship this one back?

-Joni

K filled the rma form and got that automated email. So now i wait corsair response and then ask advanced rma? There was one weird thing tho in that form, when i needed to pick up produckt there wasnt europe version of HX750 availeble at all so needed to pick usa version instead. I hope that wont end up to be mess when rma process goes forward.

Taked short vid of the problem, its low quality but you can hear what i mean. Probably need to turn up volume a bit as youtube made sound level lower, then you can enjoy some bird chirping sounds that my psu fan makes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzoGCmykSoA

Still no reply from corsair to my rma aplication. Are they on vacation or something :(

Still nothing :( Is there any way to contact corsair more directly to get faster response? I start to get bit worried as that sound is now noticeably louder than it was in the day i noticed it.
Yep, that RMA link on the left.

• 1 month later...
Taked short vid of the problem, its low quality but you can hear what i mean. Probably need to turn up volume a bit as youtube made sound level lower, then you can enjoy some bird chirping sounds that my psu fan makes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzoGCmykSoA

Hi Joni,

I just thought I'd add that my brand new VX550 has started making this exact noise. I'm glad I found this thread. Did you end up getting your PSU replaced with a less noisy one?

• Corsair Employee
Well used that link in down left to request rma almost 3 days ago and still havent got any response apart from that automated email.

Did you get a case number from the request? If so, post it here and I will get it approved ASAP!

Archived