Corsair Community

Status of my particular "case"

Restricted

Well, a week ago or so, I had an issue with my Power Supply. It worked the other night, and I turned it off, and then, in the morning, my computer did NOT seem to boot up at all at my surprise. I tried everything I could in my experience, tried a few hours of troubleshooting, but nothing worked.

I then, assumed it could have been the graphics card, CPU or the motherboard. Although, it doesn't seem like it at all, since I went to the retailer store I purchased it from ( in a coincidence, seems like my computer went down on me after exactly a year) and they tested the motherboard and the CPU and it seemed to be fine.

Unfortunately, when I arrived at the store, I saw that the technical support was actually closed for today, but after 5minutes or so, I was about to head back home disappointed and upset, although, someone seemed to be coming from the counter to the technical support department and they tested it. Thankfully, I really appreciated it since I had nowhere else to test it and since it's a free service since I purchased the products from that specific store.

I had also tested the graphics card at home, so, I was sure it wasn't that. Then, it only came to one, the power supply. Took me a whole 2 days to figure out what was wrong, I tried to gather as much information as I could at a friend's house and one suggested to try the black and green pin solution. I went home, struggling to find a paperclip, though, in relief found one. Placed the paperclip into a U-formed-shape and stuck it in a green and black pin. Nothing worked, didn't work at all, I plugged the main power cable too, and made sure the power was on, on the power supply, didn't work, no fan was spinning, nothing. I had also done numerous other attempts of which failed and well, yeh, it seemed like the power supply was "obsolete" and didn't work at all.

I purchased my Power Supply from a different retailer shop, and they only open on weekdays (4PM - 6PM), and well, that's there particular "pick-up time" schedule, I tried calling on weekends to ask him to test the Power Supply for me, but he didn't bother and kept asking who I was and continued on saying call on Monday instead. Even in disappointment, there was nothing else I could do, I was bored and felt useless. And yes, this was before I did the troubleshooting and all.

On Monday, I had to be somewhere else, and I got my friend to give in the power supply and the receipt for proof of purchase to the guy at the store. Later on in the evening or later on at night, she called me and said that they'll call me a week later or so, saying that it will all be done and it'll be sent to me or I'll have to go there to pick it up ... Ok ... =="

It's Saturday now, and I just'd like to check on my status of my "case". I don't have the RMA number, because, well, she didn't mention anything about that, and well yeh, nothing I could do about it either... So ...?

I live in Melbourne, Australia, so calling technical support would cost alot, well obviously because it's located in the USA region. Goddamnit. Disappointed once again and in a "nothing else I could actually do" state, so, I found the Corsair forums and well yeh ... :X

Well, yeh. If an administrator or a representative of the technical support team OR SOMEONE AT LEAST IS CORPORATED WITH SUCH that visits around here can help me regarding this particular "issue"? RAMGUY? :D "asktheramguy". Err, ok, whatever. I'll appreciate anyone who bothers to actually wants to help me, and will provide any information regarding this (most preferably and personally through PM?).

Thanks? :p:

• Corsair Employee
As Wired suggested we would not have anything to do in tech support with the resellers. And I agree send an email to our customer service and see what they can do to help you. Or call them at 510-657-8747 Ext "3" and see what they say. However, in most cases if you have the reseller do the Return for you there is little we can do.

Awesome. Just arrived. Although, I have a few concerns.

How would I know if its refurbished or if its "new"? And does the RMA'd one come with the black, bag containing cables or not? Only reason why is because when I had purchased it from the retailer, I was never supplied with the black cable bag as opposed to when I saw it in most of the reviews regarding the PSU. I had to find a friend that had similar modular cables, of which he had the HX-520, and supplied me with 2, 3 cables. This is why I had the suspicion that the retailer from where I bought it from, was so cheap, he took it out ... or the distributor ... I have no absolute idea. Help? :S

Thanks in advance.

I suppose I could indirectly confirm that the retailer or distributor are cheap bags and decided to "devour" me and take the black bag. >:(

And thanks, therefore, does that periodically include international send outs too?

• Corsair Employee
And thanks, therefore, does that periodically include international send outs too?

I am pretty sure that the cables are free, but in some cases you may have to pay for shipping. Either way once you send the request, they will let you know if they need any additional information.

• Corsair Employee
Well, its been a week and still no response.

No response from tech support e-mail too.

If you have requested cables they may not contact you unless they require additional information. I would suspect that the cables are on their way to you, however it could take 10-14 business days to get down to Austrailia. If you have any questions please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to help you out. Unfortunately from tech support I do not have any access to the status of cable requests so I may not be able to provide you with more specific information.

If you have requested cables they may not contact you unless they require additional information. I would suspect that the cables are on their way to you, however it could take 10-14 business days to get down to Austrailia. If you have any questions please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and they should be able to help you out. Unfortunately from tech support I do not have any access to the status of cable requests so I may not be able to provide you with more specific information.

How or where would they know how to send it to me? I haven't even provided any postal addresses, so, they would just be sending to Australia supposedly to what? The Parliament? And, I've contacted rmaservice@corsairmemory.com and no response too.

• Corsair Employee
I think I may have misunderstood your current problem, I thought you had requested extra modular cables. It sounds like you had a defective PSU which was replaced and the new unit is working, whats the current problem you are having?

I think I may have misunderstood your current problem, I thought you had requested extra modular cables. It sounds like you had a defective PSU which was replaced and the new unit is working, whats the current problem you are having?

The black bag w/ the cables was missing. He's currently borrowing some modular cables from a friend's HX520W.

• Corsair Employee
The black bag w/ the cables was missing. He's currently borrowing some modular cables from a friend's HX520W.

In that case, just send an email to jackflash@corsairmemory.com with your contact information and shipping address and let them know what cables you need (or if you need the whole kit), and they should be able to get that out to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived