Corsair Community

My corsair powersupply (450watt)

Opteron

Bought one in my Swedish local store for 105,75 usd anyway I have it installed with my new computer system below:

ECS P965T-A

Core 2 Duo E4300

HD 3870

2048 MB Corsair ValueSelect 667mhz

The problem is the supply gets very hot, really hot, it's even hotter than my old FSP group supply, but I heard corsair supplies have good quality and FSP have low ripple on their supplies which can damage my components therefore I bought a corsair this time.

But I can't understand why it gets so hot, the case has good airflow and the room is not really that hot either, it's still snow around here. :sunglasse

Anyways, any clue what the problem could be? I think the graphicscard is rated at a 450w recommendation so I'm pretty sure it can handle the card.

• Corsair Employee
Test the PSU with it sitting outside of the case, put a load on it and see how hot it gets. If it is still getting that hot, then we would want to get it replaced. However if it stays relatively cool/warm then there may be other components contributing to the issue within the case.

Test the PSU with it sitting outside of the case, put a load on it and see how hot it gets. If it is still getting that hot, then we would want to get it replaced. However if it stays relatively cool/warm then there may be other components contributing to the issue within the case.

My retailer says I have 5 year warranty, if I want it replaced I'll leave it to them.

There is a few bad batches aren't there? A few indications at newegg report so at least.

thx for the answer

We have not had any bad batches of PSUs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&SelectedRating=1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False

And, I certainly would not trust the Newegg review system as a reliable source of info.

Why is it even there then to begin with? Not to review a product?

Why is it even there then to begin with? Not to review a product?

Newegg puts it there for a good purpose and I don't fault their intentions. However, I read their reviews every week and I see posts where users are in there playing jokes and exploiting the system. Many of the posts are from people who have not even bought the units. The info there is not reliable for the most part even though it is not the fault of Newegg.

Newegg puts it there for a good purpose and I don't fault their intentions. However, I read their reviews every week and I see posts where users are in there playing jokes and exploiting the system. Many of the posts are from people who have not even bought the units. The info there is not reliable for the most part even though it is not the fault of Newegg.

After reading more upon it, most newegg reviews seems to be from trolls, they put in false reviews and such.

A few does at least, most of what they write seems unrealistic, I'll check further with the PSU see if it works okey then maybe airflow might be the problem.

• Corsair Employee
Pros: sILVER

Cons: i RUBBED IT ON THE CARPET AND IT WAS DOA AFTER THAT. NO IEDEA

Other Thoughts: USE RAIDMAX NEXT TIME OK

6 out of 79 people found this review helpful. Did you? :faceslap:

LOL, I've seen some just like this.

Lol a pentium, shouldn't even a 500mhz Core 2 Duo beat a 5ghz pentium? That's how I feel when I tested my E4300 versus my old 3.8ghz Prescott, even overclocked to 4.2ghz it wasn't as fast as my E4300 at stock speed.

Yeah, Newegg is one place for useless reviews, but some of the shops in my country also allow comments, and I've almost wept when reading many of them. Like NE, either the reviews consists of only a few words which say nothing at all or they're full of fud and misconceptions from people who either think they know what they're talking about, or trolls who just want to do damage.

Archived