Corsair Community

Does anyone know where I can acquire a battery replacement for my VoyagerAir?

Gypsy.Lady

For some reason, I can not log into Corsair Customer Support or Technical Support. I have tried IE and Chrome and ensured that I have cookies enabled...but I keep getting an error.

Regardless, I need to acquire a replacement for the battery in the VoyagerAir. It is a Southtop Lithium Polymer Battery PL867578 3.7V 6200mAh 22.94Wh MH29329. I have tried Google searches but nothing comes up.

Does anyone know where I can purchase one? Does Corsair have replacement parts for sale?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Since the unit isn't necessarily user replaceable, I would strongly advise having a professional open the unit and change the battery out. According to one of our Tech Support guys, Jamey, it's very similar to changing out an iPhone battery.

I've been unsuccessful in finding an exact replacement.

Since the product is end-of-life, I would just suggest finding a battery that has the same output specs and dimensions that will fit within the housing. The dimensions need to allow for some level of expansion as the battery ages, which is just an attribute of LiPo batteries in general.

Here are the most important things to look for:

- Polarity of wires on the plug (make sure there are three wires also)

- Dimensions

- Voltage (3.7V)

Capacity will only dictate the amount of time between charges, so anything around the original 6200mAh will suffice.

Again, I can't stress enough to have a professional perform the replacement.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
VoyagerAir can operate without battery, just plugged to converter?? thanks in advance for reply

I was wondering the same, I guess you could just unplug the battery and try it. Was going to try a replacement rechargeable battery with a 3 wire plug, I hope the wiring and plug connector is universal.

If anyone has done either of these please post back here. It's a shame to discard a good working HDD just due to poor battery quality.

I believe replacements should be made available by Voyager at a discount to customers suffering with this unnecessary problem.

Thank you.