Corsair Community

Thoughts on my replacement AX760i

Orgazme

Hi

My new replacement unit is showing 99% efficiency at all times. Has not changed once! That's a disappointment because I'm sure that's not true. And again, I have no way of finding out if this unit does deliver it's supposed efficiency.

The CorsairLINK2 doesn't start with Windows even though I've checked the box for it.

At first a lot of the options that CorsairLINK2 can log were not there. Think only AX760i temp and AX760i fan were there. Now, quite a while later, all of the options are visible.

CorsairLINK2 doesn't start the fan when the computer returns from Standby/Sleep/Hybernate. I can't get it to start again without rebooting the computer. I had the same problem with the old unit.

Reinstalled the CorsairLINK2 several times and I still have these problems.

If possible, I would like to hear from you regarding my old AX760i that I sent to you (ticket #6008240).

It cost me 600SEK (Swedish crown) to send my old unit to Corsair. That's about 40% of what I bought it for (approx. 1500SEK) and I'm told I will not be refunded. I'm very disappointed that I as a costumer have to pay because your PSU (according to your own product CorsairLINK2) doesn't deliver what it's supposed to.

Other than that, I'm very pleased with Corsair's support. However, if this is the case, I'm going to feel very uncomfortable if and when I buy a Corsair product again.

Best Regards

Jimmie

To what USB controller did you connect that Corsair thing? Did you try 'detect hidden hardware' in devicemanager?

Hi.

I've connected my Corsair LINK USB Dongle to the only available USB on my motherboard (that I know of) which is the JUSB1.

From what I understand I've enabled "detect hidden hardware". What about it?

Best Regards

Jimmie

Hi.

I've connected my Corsair LINK USB Dongle to the only available USB on my motherboard (that I know of) which is the JUSB1.

From what I understand I've enabled "detect hidden hardware". What about it?

Best Regards

Jimmie

Please check your MB manual. You have both onboard USB2.0 and USB3.0 controllers. There should be a connection for each one.

There doesn't have to be both USB 2.0 and 3.0 necessarily.

You can check for the startup problem if there is a line for the Corsair software in msconfig on the tab 'startup'. If you have windows 7, type msconfig in the startmenu, hit [enter] and you can check there.

In the case of Windows 7:

You can always manually add it to the startup by placing it in

%systemdrive%\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Hi.

What controller?

Sorry. I can't find the name of the USB2.0 controller.

Please check your MB manual. You have both onboard USB2.0 and USB3.0 controllers. There should be a connection for each one.

I've check the manual. All I can find is the name of the USB3.0 controller. I'm using the USB2.0. The 3.0 has 19 pins.

There doesn't have to be both USB 2.0 and 3.0 necessarily.

You can check for the startup problem if there is a line for the Corsair software in msconfig on the tab 'startup'. If you have windows 7, type msconfig in the startmenu, hit [enter] and you can check there.

In the case of Windows 7:

You can always manually add it to the startup by placing it in

%systemdrive%\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

My motherboard has a USB2.0 (9 pin) named JUSB1 and a USB3.0 (19 pin) named JUSB2. The autostart worked fine before, with the previous PSU. All I did was to tell CorsairLINK2 to start with Windows and it did. Now that doesn't work.

I did try to put CorsairLink2.exe at %systemdrive%\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and all I get is "CorsairLINK2 has stopped working" when Windows starts.

Best Regards

Jimmie

What i would do is submit a ticket for your PSU and let them know you need just the USB dongle. That way you wont have to send the PSU back and should solve this for you.

Hi.

Why would I send (and pay shipping for) yet another piece of hardware? What says my problems will be solved with a new USB dongle?

If it's that simple I would really like to know why I spent 600SEK (~65-70€) to send my old unit back.

I've spent about 40% of what I payed for the PSU sending it back only to still have the same or similar problems.

I'm disappointed to say the least.

Best Regards

Jimmie

Why would I send (and pay shipping for) yet another piece of hardware? What says my problems will be solved with a new USB dongle?

You wouldn't. Since this would be second RMA they will pay for the shipping costs. And from what you have described sounds like a bad USB Dongle. It sounds like it's not communicating with the MB any more.

I understand your frustrated...I'm just trying to help out . But no, I can't say 100% that that will solve the issue. IMHO it will. but it's a lot easier than trying to swap out entire PSU's and an easy place to start

You also have the option to call CS and request yet another unit. They will pay for shipping both ways an all second RMA's. So it won't cost you anymore either way.

You wouldn't. Since this would be second RMA they will pay for the shipping costs. And from what you have described sounds like a bad USB Dongle. It sounds like it's not communicating with the MB any more.

I understand your frustrated...I'm just trying to help out . But no, I can't say 100% that that will solve the issue. IMHO it will. but it's a lot easier than trying to swap out entire PSU's and an easy place to start

You also have the option to call CS and request yet another unit. They will pay for shipping both ways an all second RMA's. So it won't cost you anymore either way.

Wouldn't be so sure of that. Customer service in Europe is somewhat different, especially with American brands.

Wouldn't be so sure of that. Customer service in Europe is somewhat different, especially with American brands.

I'm 100% sure!

You would be dealing directly with Corsair's CS here in the US and not a distributor or dealer in Europe. I know of the different commerce regulations there , but this wouldn't have anything to do with it. They will still cover all shipping costs on second RMA's

All it takes is a phone call!

• 3 months later...

Hi

Corsair sent me a new USB dongle. Greatly appreciate that. THANK YOU!

But, unfortunately - nothing has changed!

My replacement unit is STILL showing 99% efficiency at all times.

The CorsairLINK2 STILL doesn't start with Windows even though I've checked the box for it.

CorsairLINK2 STILL doesn't start the fan when the computer returns from Standby/Sleep/Hybernate.

I don't care about the option to have the fan turned off. I will keep my fan running and keep my unit cooled. And that is a pain in the ... right now.

HOW can this be solved? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have never used one of these dongles as i have a Ax760 so if my post is of no help i am sorry but this is just a thought, if the dongle has software for it uninstall it then check your hard drive for any folder still present, if there is delete it re boot and do a fresh install and try and see if that helps, reason for this is some programs after being uninstalled leave a folder with a settings file in and if its that file that is keeping the problem maybe.

I have never used one of these dongles as i have a Ax760 so if my post is of no help i am sorry but this is just a thought, if the dongle has software for it uninstall it then check your hard drive for any folder still present, if there is delete it re boot and do a fresh install and try and see if that helps, reason for this is some programs after being uninstalled leave a folder with a settings file in and if its that file that is keeping the problem maybe.

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried doing a "clean" install several times since I bought the PSU, thus far without any luck. Or I'm doing something wrong.

But, I will try again!

Archived