Corsair Community

support question

cravinmild

***SOLVED****

I would like to ask you some questions regarding my vengeance ram id purchased and need to exclude my mobo and an issue. I was told that you may ask me some specific questions and have some requirements to exlcude my mobo as a possable cause.

Thanks

Thanks for the link wired but it was suggested on OCN that i contact Ram Guy for going about testing the sticks and some other specific requirements that will be asked of me during the RMA process. I was hoping to have these test done prior to requesting a ticket as that will speed things up if all the information has been collected in include.

IDK, ive not done this before and really just trying to learn the process. Im looking to return the ram to NCIX and have another set sent to me but having dealt with DOA hardware in the past Ive found that having a ticket number to add to ncix reduces work for them as they just need to cross referance the number with corsair to validate the RMA.

I only purchased the ram a few months back, problems started instantly but i stuck my head in the sand hoping it would go away....... it didnt.

Ram Guy posts on the forums and responds to the Help Desk. Standard troubleshooting would be to run memtest86+ v4.20 on one stick at a time in the same slot.

Retail stores RMA items differently than consumers, so I'm not sure why they would find having a consumer RMA # easier.

Im going to run memtest on each stick in the first slot. If all pass then i will move onto trying a stick in each of the four slots.

The store (ncix) the DOA psu came from had asked if i had contacted the Manufacture and if so did i recive a rma number which i could give them. I assume this was to use to help verify for sending back to manufacture. IDK, i hadnt contacted the manufacture and thus did not have an rma number to pass on. It did not seem to change anything as they still advance RMA the unit for me. I just wanted to be prepared this time around.

So after much testing i have confirmed that one of the sticks are in fact defective. I have removed all ram and tried each ram stick by itself with memtest. All but one stick was ok after 7 passes. One stick showed errors instantly. I tried that bad stick in all four slots and ran memtest each time reciving errors instantly each time in each of the four slots. I then used a good stick in each of the four slots and recived no errors. All tests were run with seven or more passes (about 10 min per test).

I feel that this will allow me to move on confidently knowing that this is a ram issue an not my mobo or cpu. I will contact NCIX on monday and request an advanced rma. If anything changes will post here but at this point i consiter this thread solved.

Thanks for the responses wired +reps :)

• 2 weeks later...

after contacting support and setting up an advance RMA my new ram has arrived. All new sticks are installed and no issues, no bsod. Ive not run ramtest but i will if i get errors.

Thanks Corsair. Great service, friendly support staff. Easy RMA. +reps to you :D::D::D::D::D:

Archived