Corsair Community

Controlling the H115i without Corsair Link

Zuko

Hi guys,

I have only one USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. And I want to use it with my front panel ports. So, I do not have any other header for Corsair Link.

There is IU01 from NZXT for expanding that USB header, but after reading some important issues with the product, I do not want to use it. And I only find another product called PCIUSB7 from StarTech but unfortunately it only supports PCI slots which my motherboard doesn't have any. So, I've ended up with never using Corsair Link at all.

I will use different fans for radiator cooling and will connect them to the motherboard directly, so I don't have any problems with fans. But there is a different case with the pump;

The pump has a 3-pin connector. My CPU Fan headers on my motherboard are 4-pin PWM only connectors. So, If I put 3-pin pump connector to my 4-pin CPU header, I will not be able to control it without Corsair Link. But because I will not use Corsair Link, how can I do it?

Do I really have to connect the pump to the CPU Fan header? My chase fan headers are Voltage Mode fan connectors, so if I use them, will I be able to control the pump according to CPU temperature, instead of just monitoring it?

Or, while I was searching on this, I've read up that someone said "The settings you adjust are saved on the device itself." So, I use CPU link one time to adjust my pump (And since there are only two possible RPM -quiet and performance- there will be no much issue) to quiet, and remove the corsair link and I am good to go? Is it possible?

Thank you for your time.

There is IU01 from NZXT for expanding that USB header, but after reading some important issues with the product, I do not want to use it.

Where did you read this urban myth? You should specify the URL :nodding:.

I have used an IU01 for a couple of years with no issues and many others are also using it.

Where did you read this urban myth? You should specify the URL :nodding:.

I have used an IU01 for a couple of years with no issues and many others are also using it.

I read it in Amazon and Newegg reviews. If it woks, it works without a problem. But if not, people will lose their motherboards. I will not take that risk, even with the new one.

I've been using the NZXT IU01 to connect my H110i GTX, HX850i, and NZXT HUE+ to my EVGA Z170 FTW via it's only usb3 header for the past 8 months, and using both the link software and CAM software together i have had zero problems. It works just fine.

I also bought a STARTECH PEXUSB3S2EI pcie card to give me an extra internal usb3 header for my front panel USB ports and have two additional usb3 slots at the rear.

See info here.

;):

I've been using the NZXT IU01 to connect my H110i GTX, HX850i, and NZXT HUE+ to my EVGA Z170 FTW via it's only usb3 header for the past 8 months, and using both the link software and CAM software together i have had zero problems. It works just fine.

I also bought a STARTECH PEXUSB3S2EI pcie card to give me an extra internal usb3 header for my front panel USB ports and have two additional usb3 slots at the rear.

See info here.

;):

Like I said, ı will not take that risk. You not having problems with it doesn't mean that I will not have eıther, especially when some others have significant problems with it.

And about the Startech product, it doesn't have anything to do with this topic.

I'm surprised that someone so concerned about using the IU01 would use an AIO water cooler, with the risk of leaks.

I think that nowcontrol was pointing out that it's possible to add internal and external usb headers via a Pcie card, which, considering that your first post was about your lack of usb headers, seems pretty pertinent to me.

I have only one USB 2.0 header on my motherboard. And I want to use it with my front panel ports. So, I do not have any other header for Corsair Link.

:confused: :roll:

I just had a look at your board, the MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK and it seems that you also have two USB 3.0 headers below the 24pin power, are these unused?? :dunno: if so, you know they can easily be converted to usb2 headers with a short adapter cable.

:idea:

Why don't you give that a try? it works. :nodding:

See info here.

;):

@snapper69 .. Thanks for making my point clear.

I have only one USB 2.0 header on my motherboard.

Back to the beginning... is there a reason you need the 2.0 header connected to the front ports? Most devices you plug in up there are going to be compatible, even if they are are not USB 3.0. Using one of the board USB 3.0 headers for the front panel would seem to be a simple solution for both issues.

Archived