Corsair Community

Corsair 180GB GS trouble - system does not see it

zorky

Hello! I have this drive Corsair CSSD-F180GBGS-BK has not earned on the laptop HP Envy dv7-7255er. Bought to work through optibey (caddy), but as well as in the bay HDD drive off after a reboot and the system does not see it. What's the matter have no idea. Please tell me what's the matter can be forced. P.S. Operating system Genuine Windows 8 drive is installed in the optional HDD bay.

on the stationary PC, install the Corsair SSD toolbox and check the SSD's FW. If it's FW 5.20. Update it to FW 5.24. (If available)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=124884

You mentioned an optional HDD bay, so i'm guessing there is two ports for HDs.

If yes, can you try the other port? Does it help?

Has the laptop ever booted off the SSD before?

The laptop has 2 HDD. Put the SSD instead of one HHD system sees it, but only until the first reboot. Then SSD simply disappears.

By the way about the firmware. Update Tool cannot flash the drive. Just hangs and all.

Have you tried a different Intel/AMD SATA port and data cable?

Have you tried updating the firmware with MSAHCI drivers instead?

Have you tried running the updater as admin?

1. Yes

2. No I do not know how. More precisely did as through the registry but it didn't work. In the BIOS there is no possibility to enable AHCI

3. Yes, of course

Thank you for your comments. Mnya all happened. Don't know what the problem is, but my SSD was launched only in a compartment of the former system HDD.Теперь my system SSD in one of the standard drive bays HDD, second HDD dj second compartment, and the old system HDD instead DVDRW in OPTIBEY.

But now another problem))

Until inserted old HDD (I have not formatted, I wanted was 2 operating systems at the same time) so until he inserted loading a new OS from the SSD, but it is put, again, loaded the previous OS 8 and during the boot options select one of the two OS

In msconfig too see only one system.

Tell me how to do to load both systems, and I'll choose the one you want to boot.

Thank you!

Archived