Corsair Community

Commander Pro not detecting a fan after firmware update

GFXNever

Hi, today CUE told me there's a new firmware update available for the Commander Pro so I updated to the latest one (v0.08.210).

Everything worked perfect for around 3 hours and then suddenly one fan stopped spinning completely (RGB still running, conntected to port 1 on the Commander Pro), and CUE showed it running at 0 RPMs. I powered off and back on my computer and the fan still didn't run, and CUE never showed it again: https://i.imgur.com/xt2JPa8.png

The fan itself works (checked it on another port and on mb header).

I tried force updating my firmware to an older version available on this forum (v0.2.136) but with no success - the port seems to be dead :(

I only got the device last week and it already stopped working as it should...

Does anybody have any suggestion on what to do?

Thanks

hi GFXNever, using the same firmware for the comPro.

Would suggest to try your other fans on Port 1 just to check if it may have been disabled by the update. From your initial ts step, seems not a fan issue but more likely a port issue.

It'll also be helpful for you if you know the return/replace policy with the shop you bought from.

I will keep an eye on my fans as well.

Hope you get it sorted out.

It may also be a software issue and it looks like you are using the iCUE early release and not Link. If you don't make any progress trying to get it to show on boot, I would roll back to Link and check again before doing anything rash.

It may also be a software issue and it looks like you are using the iCUE early release and not Link. If you don't make any progress trying to get it to show on boot, I would roll back to Link and check again before doing anything rash.

Tried it, nothing changes - any fan connected to port FAN1 does not work.

Link and CUE detected the fan again (at 0 RPM). I tried to change the fan speed to 100% fixed but the fan itself did not start moving.

It seems that if the firmware flash was corrupted, the problem would have started immediately after. I suppose there are some other long shot possibilities and their may be a hardware problem, but I don't have a quick solution. I would contact Corsair Support through the ticket system at the top the page. In a worst case scenario, that is going to be required for replacement anyway.

Archived