Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 120 GB Problems

ralfei

Hallo,

I have a Corsair Force 3 120 GB with serial 1146... and Firmware 1.3.3. I have installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 with SATA 3. The newest AMD driver for AHCI is installed and AHCI is activated in Bios.

So it works most time correct. But sometimes the system doesn´t react and the Harddrive LED is burning all time.

So I can only reboot the system... there is no Errormessage or Blue Screen...

This error happens mostly when I use more than one application the same time.

Hope you can help me...

Best regards

ralfei

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this has nothing to do with sata port,

I have this also it`s a BIG problem, and i have a Force 3 gt 120GB, with firmware 1.3.3

I hope that a firmware update solve this.

There are many people with this problem, even updating to the latest firmware 1.3.3 with secure erase does not benefit.

Fingers crossed for the next Firmware.

Hallo,

So it works most time correct. But sometimes the system doesn´t react and the Harddrive LED is burning all time.

So I can only reboot the system... there is no Errormessage or Blue Screen...

Best regards

ralfei

We have just the same issue here. Seems to be a bug in the firmware because the specs here are quite different: Force3 with 240GB, Notebook with Intel Chipset, newest BIOS, newest Intel AHCI drivers.

AFAIK you don't have do reboot - just wait for about 1 minute. The HDD light will turn off and the system is working again. (OK rebooting with a SSD might be slighly faster than waiting in that case :-))

There is also an entry in the windows event log stating that the SSD didn't react. But after about 1 minute everything is working as normal (until the next stop...)

I hope some tech guy from Corsair is reading this and they will find a fix for it soon, because it is very annoying.

Regards

Chris

Hi,

thank you for your answers... So I´m not alone with this problem. How can we report this problem to corsair??? I think i will test the other SATA-Ports... but I think the bug is in the firmware (thank you chris)

But I´ve heard, the Microsoft AHCI driver is work better than AMD and Intel drivers... what do you think about... can the problem result on a driver Problem???

Regards

ralfei

best Ralfei,

Don't worry about your English, we understand you though.

I am also not so good in there I come from the Netherlands.

I have also tried The Microsoft AHCI driver with unfortunately has the same problem.

I also knew not that if you wait a minute that the system will work again.

I always did a hard reset.

I also hope on a quick solution, but unfortunately I wait for two months now.

Gr Maykel

@ralfei

You can try the Microsoft drivers.

If it still does the same thing, Try a secure erase and reinstall Windows (Don't activate it), then when you reach the desktop open some applications and if it does the same, Submit an RMA.

If Windows does not complete/fails, Submit an RMA.

Hi,

so I tested the other SATA-Ports... Corsair Force 3 on Port 0 and Green Power on Port 3. The system boots much faster. But the system freeze about one minute in use. So I waited about a minute like Chris said and the system begins to react again... first the HDD LED light is out. Than about 10 seconds later... the system is fast as before....

So I thin I will test the Microsoft driver...

Regards

Ralfei

Hi,

I have never had these freeze and i use drivers from AMD.com, but yeah i have main in RAID0 so that may or maynot be the thing in here.

@Ralfei, the reason why i post here is your memory 12Gb?? how you get that 3x 4Gb DDR3 in use? ... not so good idea(sigle channel use). i would take one out, if that is the case.

Hi,

so I tested it on SATA 0 and my Caviar Green on SATA 3... SATA 1 is free... and I have installed the newest AHCI driver from the AMD Homepage...

First system freezes once a time and react again after about a Minute... Since this time my system works fine... No freeze... and very fast...

I hope it will work so fine for a long time...

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

ralfei

How could it be a memory issue when my system runs fine when booted off of my regular drives but not when booted off of the SSD?

I tell you, you can`t do a thing about it, we must wait for Corsair to help us out.

Dont mess with your hardware the problem is the SSD, with a normal Hd there is no problem.

There is one thing what you can do and that is to keep your drivers up to date.

These SSD drives can not be trusted so don`t put photo`s or importand info on them.

My friend has also these problems with thise drives.

I hope for another Firmware who is stable.

Greet M

These SSD drives can not be trusted so don`t put photo`s or impotand info on them.

For important files it is recommended to use HDDs in RAID1 array.

I hope for another Firmware who is stable.

How can you know it is the drive's firmware and not the drive itself? Have you RMA'd the drive?

@ralfei: Have you tried the standard MS-AHCI driver instead of AMD driver yet?

@JustinOhio: Please enter your system specs in UserCP.

Same here, with an Intel ICH8ME controller.

Leave your RAM out of this. Come on guys, when you don't know what to say, just don't say anything. There is no reason why RAM would provoke such freezes, with the HDD light stuck for 30-50 seconds.

It is more than obvious that the problem is the SSD. My system works fine (but slow) with a good ole Travelstar HDD.

Flashed the ssd with 1.3.3, flashed & resetted my bios, updated all drivers on a fresh win7 x64 install. And no, i won't spend another 24 hours fiddling on params, secure erasing the drive (especially if you have to get the drive plugged/unplugged while powered on to get it recognized by parted) for a 200$ product that should work straight out of the box.

If Corsair doesn't issue a working firmware before the end of the year, I'll ask my reseller for a refund. What a shame such buggy products can get to the market.

Archived