The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 401624
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

There are no firmware updates that I know of but I will post them on the forum when there is one available.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
leexgx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 401633
leexgx Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to leexgx

just getting my USB windows 7 x64 ready

going to install of an pen drive for the fun of it about 30MB/s the pen drive i am useing should install it quite fast

Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 401655

NP Please let us know how you make out!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

POST ID # = 401874
MrSomebody Reputation: 10

How many writes do you think this drive can handle? (like 50gb a day for x number of years)

Old 05-20-2009, 05:12 PM
leexgx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 401881

seems to work very well had to load win7 2 times as i put the 32bit version on it and did not find out untill i got to desktop and only 2.8gb was usable out of 8gb, its about 10-11 mins for USB install and about 15-16 mins for DVD

that is from an 4gb Peak 2 extreme, and that one is an 200X device (supports up to 30MB/s reads) not sure what corsair fast but not ££ USB pendrive is

well windows 7 did basicly what they say it would do in that MS Blog, the one rule is the windows performance index needs to be ran for it to test cpu ram video and las the HDD score

got the S128 now and it works very well, using windows 7 and it has turned off superfetch and readyboost {once the windows experience index has been performed } you can see if the SSD performs well or not plug an pendrive in and look for the readyboost and it says that the speed of the hard disk you are using is unlikely to benefit from readyboost so it has been disabled :) , i am guessing it may not say that on JMicron drives but not sure (any one got windows 7 with an SSD thats JMicron drive? check the above)

(posted in other forums so copy paste here)
Quote:
one note you Need to do an windows experience index before it sets the options (its set when it does the disk performance check) and has compleated it
cpu 7.3
ram 7.3
aero 6.0
3d 6.0
HDD 7.1

i guess to get an higher score then 6.0 on video needs an DX11 card,

on windows 7, GDI+ has been turned back on and moved to the video card, this has done wonders for programs i have used in the past that have used masive CPU (maxing an core out as they are norm single threaded GDI) and slow programs no longer happen (vista has 0 GDI+ support all CPU rendering)

only bug now is nividia the right click on desktop has added an 2 sec delay Nvidia need to fix that as there right click option thats in there is delaying it, and i get some times messed up video on second display (but that may have been due to power saveing options on the PCI-e in power options, i set it to none and USB to no, on power save, not seen it happen agane yet)

and yay thay fixed the network bug when haveing sound card open (teamspeak or any audio program thats got the sound card open) my network goes at 60-80MB/s from my server (depends what disk its comming from)

i have not filled the drive yet but the atto benchmark at 128KB and higher is maxing out at 95MB/s read 75MB/s write so the drive must be prefilled, there was all ready an NTFS partition (had name corsair as label) so they must do an full format test i guess before sending them out
i think the JMicron drives get like less then 6 due the the small write issues (depends if thay have put 2 JMicron SSDs on the motherboard on board raid 0 if thay do most likey get max 7.9 maybe as the on board raid array handles small writes better when reads are going on at the same time)

@MrSomebody
50GB an day not likely to happen on this size of drive, but most seem to have worked out 8-10 years does seem like an good number, before cells start not been erased any more

Last edited by leexgx; 05-20-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 401885

The warranty is 2 Years for our SSD drives but the MTBF is one million hours according to the Samsung Data Sheet

Old 05-20-2009, 10:10 PM
leexgx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 401920

did some tests on the s128 (cant do Write as i am using it now, i clone it later on and do the tests as it needs to be blank)

pics are below the IOPS is very intresting and what makes it go zoom :) (not sure why it goes to 150MB/s must be where the data is not so it can read faster?)

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/949/5/ of the P256 vs an JMicron joke for an SSD worse IOPS then an HDD lol (the JMicron 2x is about 11 IOPS)

basicly same results i got with the S128 (on read) but i am betting the latency Write is an little slower on the s128

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...e=expert&pid=3 and S128 review + others
Attached Images
File Type: png 1coreread.png (122.5 KB, 305 views)
File Type: png 2corerrandomaccess.png (125.2 KB, 311 views)

Last edited by leexgx; 05-21-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 401946

We had the opportunity to look at all of the products on the market most before they were released and we continue testing any new SSD products and controllers that come to market and we chose the Samsung for the 128 and 256 Gig (Please note that is subject to change with out notice) drives because they were the most stable and least buggy they are not the fastest drive right now Intel has that but it has a few bugs in some configurations which may render it useless, however in all fairness they did just release a firmware update that seems to address most of the issues. But for me I would rather have stable and moderately fast; than the fastest and slightly buggy any day.