Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 570x

cw987uk

Hi guys

I used to build a lot of PC's but have been out of the game for about 6 years.

I just brought a new PC housed in a Crystal 570 x and was surprised to find that there were gaps all around it.

Gaps at the side and on top that lead directly into the interior of the case.

Back when I built PC's this was considered bad since it messes up the airflow and allows dust to get inside.

Whats changed? Why is this now ok?

I love the looks of the case but I'm concerned that its not going to be well cooled and that i'm going to have to clean every week!

Also can't work out why you would put a piece of glass over the front intake fans, surely that limits the intake dramatically?

create positive pressure. AKA, more air in than out. then this pushes dust away rather than suck it in. The 570x has dust filters all round and the gaps are small. Most are designed to keep equal or positive air pressure.

I run my 570x with front and top as intake and have the rear as exhaust,,, works well in this case.. positive pressure keeps the dust/flow down massively due to the filter intakes :).. temps will be fine....

awexwlSh.jpg

If you have been out of the scene awhile (i did the same) then might be worth having a read of the below thread ;) :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Archived