Corsair Community

2 LED intake fans 400R..

400r

hello!

I am a novice builder, building my first computer using the 400r as my case.

I have noticed that the 2 front panel 120mm LED intake fans are connected together from a 3 pin connector to the front control panel of the 400r (presumably to give control to the switch that turns the LED's on/off) and then out to a molex connector.

Can these fans only be connected directly to the PSU via molex and run on full speed?

I am wondering wether running these fans on full speed will be noisey and would it be better to run them off my motherboard so they can be controlled via the bios?

If i was to unplug the 3 pin connections and run them straight to my motherboard, would they then be controlled via bios and would the LED's still turn on? (obviously they would be constantly on as there is no switch anymore)

My motherboard (when i buy it) will be Asus P8Z77-V PRO.

I will have 2 extract fans, and 3 intake fans and one CPU cooler, however this is 1 fan over the 5 fan slots i have on the board...:confused:

Thanks for any help!! :laughing::bigeyes:

Can these fans only be connected directly to the PSU via molex and run on full speed?

Sure, they are just a standard fan connector .so you would need a molex to 3 pin fan adapter.

Yes, you can control them with the MB and yes the LEDS will be on all the time.

I will have 2 extract fans, and 3 intake fans and one CPU cooler, however this is 1 fan over the 5 fan slots i have on the board...

You can run more than one fan off of a Mb header. You would just need to use splitters.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there not a maximum voltage that the MB can supply to each fan connection?

Say 5V for instance, just so i dont overload a fan connection with the draw of more than 1 fan

Sorry if there obvious questions, just dont want to ruin anything! :laughing::D:

Archived