Corsair Community

**Have I deleted something? Firmware?? **

teve

Do I need to reload firmware or drivers or do something else? Or has it just failed?

I have had loaded a non genuine copy of Windows7 Ultimate to Corsair sata3 very stable no problem at all for about 6 months and after a while I got fed up of the activation key reminder coming up so bought a genuine copy off ebay.(Wife also wanted office installed and it required updates).

Loaded up and then started to load drivers, as soon as I load my Nvidea gt570 (old drivers and latest) I lose the tool bar and icons on restart (not connected I don't believe).

The guy has now sent 3 copies of Windows7 ultimate out but I have the same problem on all of them, 1 USB and 2 DVDs.

If you right click and personalise, show desktop icons it is ticked and if you untick and then tick no difference.

Now loaded non genuine one againand it is just the same as I was going to use that and then buy an activation key (wish I had in the 1st place).

When I formatted and installed Windows7 have I deleted something I shouldn't have?????

Or has it just failed??

Can anyone help please

Interesting... I don't have the gold edge on mine it's all black.

I bought an ultimate upgrade wrongly 10 months ago. I thought it was a full install :sigh!: ..

What version is best I buy so I can use my upgrade?

This should help

Windows XP to Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

Windows Vista to Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-vista-to-windows-7?T1=tab02

When you download and use firmware I understood it went into your hard drive but reading other threads it seems to go in your mobo is that correct?

Do you mean the SSD firmware or the motherboard BIOS?

Archived