Corsair Community

No speed control of LL fans

Hockster2

I moved my system into a 500D SE case this week. I'm using the CoPro and NoPro that came with it, and a second No Pro, and the 3 LL fans. The three LL are in the stock positions but mounted to an H150i Pro. Those fans are connected to the H150i for power, the RGB controlled by one of the NoPro's. Six ML 120 RGB's are also installed. Three on the rad, 2 on top, one exhaust. Those six are connected to the CoPro and the second Nopro.

I have full RGB control, no issues there, and full speed control of the ML 120's. But the three LL fans will not change speeds at all. None of the built profiles change them nor any I make.

I just noticed that the pump speed does not change on any of the built in profiles either.

A6hULK.jpg

A6hF9c.jpg

The numbers don't change at all. And i just noticed that the numbers don't change for the ML's either, but I can hear them change speeds.

Edit: Restarting the service, app, and system had no effect.

Adding as well: my motherboard only has one USB header. I have an NZXT port expander plugged into it. I've seen it mentioned in the forums a few times. The CoPro, H150i, and one LED strip controller are plugged into it. The two NoPro's are plugged into the CoPro. My Ax860i is not connected, not enough USB headers.

Hmmm. The ML's do tend to be pretty steady on the speeds but the LL's will flutter a bit. That's due to the simple nature of the bearings that they use.

The fact that they aren't is an indication that the service isn't getting updates. It's odd that restarting the service doesn't clear that up.

Are you running any other monitoring tools? The NZXT port expander should be fine; I'm running one myself and have been for a year or so with no issue.

Nothing else installed other than MSi Afterburner and Ryzen Master. I had Asus Aura installed, but that was only to set the motherboard lighting to a static color then uninstalled.

After restarting the service Icue couldn't find any devices installed. I had to do a full system restart to get everything detected.

So I uninstalled the software, had it remove all the profiles and whatnot, and reinstalled. I've got monitoring back, speeds change, BUT, the H150i is not detected. :mad:

And why does every friggin device go into some horrible 70's disco mode at startup and shutdown?

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please make Link compatible with the newer items. It was such a nice simple design that just worked. This iCrap nonsense, well :wtfman:

Device Manager does have the USBXp driver listed, nothing unrecognized.

USBDeview has all the Corsair items listed, including the H150i, but the 150 has a red dot instead of green. It refuses to be enabled.

If I unplug the USB cable from the 150 I get the windows sound of an unplugged device and plugging it back in also gives the connected sound but nothing else happens inside of iCue.

Archived