Corsair Community

570X & h150i - RGB fans and exhaust

Daniel256512

Hi guys,

So I’m building a PC and I’ve chosen all the parts but now I’m in a situation.

I’m was going to mount the h150i radiator and ML120 fans they came with to the front of the 570X (replacing the stock 3xSP120 fans), only to find out the ML120 fans that come with the AIO are not RGB.

My question is, if I buy the ML120 RGB 3 pack to use instead, will they still be able to function the same as the ones that came with the AIO? (Can they be controlled based on load etc..)

Can the SP120’s that came with the case be used as exhaust fans or will I need to buy other fans for exhaust? If so, what fan series for 1x rear exhaust and 2x top exhaust?

Also, I’ve read the exhaust fans RPM should be a fraction of the RPM in the intake? To my knowledge since the intake is dynamically adjusted by the AIO based on CPU load, is there a way to configure the case fans to be a certain percentage of the intake or is it fine at a fixed RPM??

Thanks for any help!

Yes, the ML-RGB fans will be a direct replacement for the ML fans that come with the radiator - with the exception that, of course, they have the additional RGB.

The SP-RGB fans are fine as exhaust. However, keep in mind that you cannot put them on the same fan hub as the ML-RGB fans. You can, however, put them on the same Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) ... but each fan type will have it's own hub and lighting channel on the NoPro. So make sure that you get the ML-RGB multi-pack rather than three individual fans.

As for controlling the speed ... you can keep them at a fixed speed; that should work. The challenge you may run in to, however, is heat buildup inside the case due to the GPU (which you've not specified). And as a general rule, you want a bit more intake than exhaust; that helps keep dust out of the system (positive pressure).

Yes, the ML-RGB fans will be a direct replacement for the ML fans that come with the radiator - with the exception that, of course, they have the additional RGB.

The SP-RGB fans are fine as exhaust. However, keep in mind that you cannot put them on the same fan hub as the ML-RGB fans. You can, however, put them on the same Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) ... but each fan type will have it's own hub and lighting channel on the NoPro. So make sure that you get the ML-RGB multi-pack rather than three individual fans.

As for controlling the speed ... you can keep them at a fixed speed; that should work. The challenge you may run in to, however, is heat buildup inside the case due to the GPU (which you've not specified). And as a general rule, you want a bit more intake than exhaust; that helps keep dust out of the system (positive pressure).

Hi,

Thanks so much for you reply!!

Sorry my GPU is a RTX 2070

So my SP150’s (ehxause top and rear) will be on it’s own hub and the ML120’s will be on its own hub, which both of those hubs connect to the NoPro and that connects to a USB?

The exhaust fans lights and RPM can be controlled with the software since it isn’t CPU fans?

I know the software will let me adjust the AIO fans lights, will it let me adjust the RPM or is that automically done by AIO?

Sorry for noob questions, just a bit confused at some stuff

Thanks

No worries. We were all noobs once, dude!

So - yes, both hubs connected to the NoPro and that connects via USB. This is only for the lighting. (BTW: check out the RGB FAQ in my signature)

Second, the exhaust fans, from what I can tell from your description so far, will be connected to the motherboard and the speed will be controlled by the motherboard. iCue won't control their speeds without a Commander Pro.

The ML fans will, however, be connected to the cooler and that's how they are controlled. I would also suggest running these a bit fast than you normally would to ensure that you have enough fresh air coming in. With 3 exhaust fans, you'll be hard-pressed to maintain positive pressure and that GPU will likely get quite warm.

No worries. We were all noobs once, dude!

So - yes, both hubs connected to the NoPro and that connects via USB. This is only for the lighting. (BTW: check out the RGB FAQ in my signature)

Second, the exhaust fans, from what I can tell from your description so far, will be connected to the motherboard and the speed will be controlled by the motherboard. iCue won't control their speeds without a Commander Pro.

The ML fans will, however, be connected to the cooler and that's how they are controlled. I would also suggest running these a bit fast than you normally would to ensure that you have enough fresh air coming in. With 3 exhaust fans, you'll be hard-pressed to maintain positive pressure and that GPU will likely get quite warm.

Hi there,

I have decided to get 6x (2x 3 set multipack) LL fans as the RGB’s are beautiful.

I will replace the 3 x ML120’s that come with my h150i with the LL120’s and mount them and the radiator (replacing the sp120’s on the case) to the front of my case. The other set of 3x LL’s will be used as exhaust as two on the top and one in the rear.

I have seen that the intake needs to be at a higher RPM and bring in more air then the exhaust is pushing out, but if the 3 intake fans is controlled by the CPU, how will I adjust the rear to dynamically adjust accordingly? Or is there a way to make the cpu controlled fans have a minimum that is higher than the exhaust fans resulting in a constant positive air pressure??

How do I go by this and will I need a commander pro?

Edit: My motherboard only has 2x chassis fan ports and I’ll have 3 fans that arnt cooler controlled, so am I right to think I’ll definitely need the commander??

Thanks!

Well, you don't need the second multipack ... but it certainly won't hurt! You'll definitely need at least 1 multipack though (to get the Lighting Node Pro).

And you could configure the cooler-controlled fans to be a bit faster (at min) than the exhaust fans. The challenge will be choosing the right control temperature for the exhaust fans. That would need to be done in your BIOS.

The Commander Pro would certainly solve these issues as it would control your fan speeds for you based on any number of variables, including the included thermistors. It's not necessary - you can use splitters on your motherboard headers - but it would solve some challenges. Again, completely optional so you might want to try it with the motherboard sensors and see how it goes before investing in the CoPro. That said, the CoPro is definitely one of my favorite devices.

Archived