Corsair Community

760T - Front panel headphone audio bleeding into mic input

BunniPlz

If both the headphone and mic jacks are plugged in, the mic will pick up whatever audio is playing. I don't think that the mic is actually recording soundwaves because I can turn down the audio output and it will still pick it up, but when I play it back it's distorted and quieter. I have also disabled stereo mix so I'm confident it's not that either.

Has anyone experienced this? I have tried several different headsets and even tried the audio from one headset and the mic on a different one at the same time, and they all see this problem. Someone on reddit told me it's probably because the front panel circuitry is at fault, but what can I do in this scenario? Can the manufacturer replace it? DIY hack?

• 5 months later...

I have a brand new build, specs in profile, when I plug in Bose quitcomforts 15s into the front panel there is an insane amount of line noise.

Additionally, when using my turtlebeach headphones, which connect via USB for power, 2.1mm for input and 2.1mm for output, the system output is registering on the mic/ line in channel.

I'm looking for help to troubleshoot if this is front panel issue, cable issue or I am super unlucky and have two sets of damaged headphones.

Has anyone else experienced these type of issues with this case?

Thanks,

mjegg

• 3 years later...
If both the headphone and mic jacks are plugged in, the mic will pick up whatever audio is playing. I don't think that the mic is actually recording soundwaves because I can turn down the audio output and it will still pick it up, but when I play it back it's distorted and quieter. I have also disabled stereo mix so I'm confident it's not that either.

Has anyone experienced this? I have tried several different headsets and even tried the audio from one headset and the mic on a different one at the same time, and they all see this problem. Someone on reddit told me it's probably because the front panel circuitry is at fault, but what can I do in this scenario? Can the manufacturer replace it? DIY hack?

Same problem - 2020