Corsair Community

Corsair 2100 background noise

Uxe

I just bought this headset on Amazon. As i turn them on there is a low "tsssss" sound in the background.

The noise will increase if i turn up the volume, or if some sort of media is played.

For example, if i run a song, max volume, and then i mute it from media player, the "TSSS" will be very high and disturbing while the song is playing (but muted).

I have tried on another pc, and it has the same problem, a white noise always is background.

The only way to get rid of it, is to mute the headset.

Anyone has the same problem or a way to solve it?

Hi,

the same problem here, the only working drivers for me are and always were 1.1.1 version. Any other I've tried including the latest beta suck (noises, loudness etc.). The same with Razor Surround. Tried, removed, returned to 1.1.1 version.

Cheers.

RMA is back, and the hissing noise is still there, even with this new pair..

I guess all 2100's have this problem?

If someone from corsair can answer us if it's an hardware or a software problem it would be great :)

(This happens also without drivers..)

I think i will ask for my money back, this thing it's only giving me headache...

That's a pity because all my pc is corsair branded..

I formally had the V2000 headset. I RMAed them because of the ear cup frame cracked on both sides. Corsair sent the V2100 headset as a replacement. I charged up my new V2100 headset overnight. The next day I connected the dongle to my USB HUB that my headset was charging from.

To my dislike I heard the “background noise” that everyone has been complaining about. I then downloaded and installed the latest driver (v2.0.23). Restarted the computer and still had the same noise.

I tried everything mentioned on these and other forums and was no help. The last thing I tried out of desperation was moving the dongle to the USB slot on the back of the motherboard.

IT WORKED for me!!!!

I cannot tell you why it worked because I do not know. Once the “noise” was cleared up, it has been the best headset I have ever owned. I hope this works for someone else. Just sharing my experience.

Thanks Corsair!

I guess we had differents type of noise background. With the "tsss" hissing one there is nothing you can do.. I've tried different usb ports, different OS, different houses.

Luckily i've found a solution too: i've sent them back, asked for refund, and bought the steelseries H.

• Corsair Employee
I guess we had differents type of noise background. With the "tsss" hissing one there is nothing you can do.. I've tried different usb ports, different OS, different houses.

Luckily i've found a solution too: i've sent them back, asked for refund, and bought the steelseries H.

Try using the headset without the software to see if the "tss" sound is still there. If it's not there, then it's a software issue.

Archived