Corsair Community

Question about TX850 versions.

Stratos_V

First of all i would like to say hello to all the members of this forum :-)

I have a question about one issue and i would really appreciate it if anyone made it clear to me. Does anyone know the difference between the CP-9020043-EU and the CMPSU-850TXV2EU models of TX850 PSU?

I had the impression that the V2 model was the latest version of this specific PSU so i ordered it. They sent me the CP-9020043-EU instead. When i saw that i thought that they sent me an older version so i returned it and specificaly asked for the CMPSU-850TXV2EU model, which i thought it was the latest. Then i noticed at the corsair main site that the model they describe for the TX850 series is the CP-9020043-EU. Which of these two versions is the latest and what exactly are their differences? Do they have big performance differences?

Thank you for your trouble. So i gave up the new one to get the older one. How nice of me :-D. It is kind of confusing though. When you see a TX and a TX V2, the first thing you re going to think is that the V2 is newer so the naming is kind of misleading for someone who doesnt know that the V2 refers to the newer version of CMPSU-850TX and not generaly of the TX850 series. Since the improvements are minor though, i guess it is not a thing to concern me.

Archived