Corsair Community

2nd faulty corsair one & customer service

Natefrog812

First corsair one purchased was exceptionally loud, ran hot and had GPU issues, had it replaced via RMA

Second corsair one has similar issues that did not surface immediately until after I had sent the original unit back. (I was in an evacuated fire zone here in CO and was not able to use the pc for quite some time) When I told corsair the SN and Lot number they immediately offered another RMA. (they know its from a bad batch) This was also only after they had finally contacted me to see if I had sent the original unit back (which I had, AND had to pay to send their faulty equipment back to them)

It has now been 10 days since my last contact with corsair staff...no emails, no returned calls, nothing. This is seriously ridiculous. How can I have any faith in this company, to put another hold on my C.C. and not send me another faulty pc. What a wonderful experience this has been.

Ticket # 740206

• Corsair Employee
First corsair one purchased was exceptionally loud, ran hot and had GPU issues, had it replaced via RMA

Second corsair one has similar issues that did not surface immediately until after I had sent the original unit back. (I was in an evacuated fire zone here in CO and was not able to use the pc for quite some time) When I told corsair the SN and Lot number they immediately offered another RMA. (they know its from a bad batch) This was also only after they had finally contacted me to see if I had sent the original unit back (which I had, AND had to pay to send their faulty equipment back to them)

It has now been 10 days since my last contact with corsair staff...no emails, no returned calls, nothing. This is seriously ridiculous. How can I have any faith in this company, to put another hold on my C.C. and not send me another faulty pc. What a wonderful experience this has been.

Ticket # 740206

I'm sorry to hear that, let me have someone look into this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

It has now been over two weeks since my earlier post. Since then a couple amazing things have happened!

I was contacted by a corsair employee regarding my RMA! She was extremely kind and helpful while acquiring my C.C info for the new, second RMA, for another, now 3rd and hopefully properly working unit. She explained to me that since I had the unfortunate fate of dealing with customer support for the exact same situation twice, that she would expedite the RMA process AND send me some corsair swag as well! So in 3-4 days max I could expect a new unit at my front door and all is good, hooray!

That was 8 days ago. After day 4 I sent an email asking if there was a shipping confirmation, tracking number, or any sort of update so that I could be sure to be present upon delivery to sign for the package etc or at least have an idea of when it was going to arrive. I was emailed the next day with a tracking number and a delivery date!

The delivery was scheduled to arrive 7/11. SO I'm stoked.

It never showed up. Surprise.

Upon closer investigation the confirmation that I was sent by the Corsair employee was in fact....a confirmation......that a label.....had been created. AND that shipment information.....had been sent to FED ex.

Wonderful.

Checking the tracking number as I am typing and it is...... PENDING. Still. Nothing has happened. At all.

This entire situation is extremely frustrating and it is absolutely ridiculous that I am even typing this right now. I am an avid online shopper and purchase literally almost everything through the internet. I never write bad reviews unless something is seriously defective, broken, whatever. I am also very adamant about writing good reviews when asked by the seller, amazon, etc. I also manage a business and worked in the Food/Bev industry for many years so I am well aware of how online reviews and comments can effect a persons judgement, so I am very cautious and calculated when leaving a review.

I purchased my original corsair one on May 7th. It is now the middle of July, I have no working PC, out $2,500 plus another $500 hold on my C.C. I dont think I need to explain any further about how terrible this process and Corsair support has been. I don't know how their staff is managed and I'm not here to tell them how to do it, but the communication level is absolutely atrocious.

I'm sure that corsair is more than well aware of the situation they have put some of their customers in and it amazes me that they do not do literally anything in attempt to mend the situation. This has been so disappointing and honestly just...exhausting.

But hey for $3,000 you can get a nice corsair water bottle and a T-shirt. DOPE.

Archived