Corsair Community

LL120s not lighting on Node Pro.

crowsandprose

So I've got the node pro with a problem that seems to be plaguing the folks who use the hub+pro. My fans either do not light up at all, or sometimes light up on #1. I have tried in both Corsair Link and iCue. Nothing is working to make either of these. I've tried several fixes (making sure cords are slack, trying other slots on both the hub.)

When I first built the computer - ALL the fans lit up, rainbow, so I know they work. (They were also gorgeous thanks Corsair!) However I ended up with either a dead mobo or chip and nothing would post, so I had to do a lot of work and RMA them. Then, I got Windows up and running, and only one of the fans would light, and only white.

So I know:

The slots on the fans work.

The fans themselves work.

The node works.

HOWEVER, they're not working now and I have no idea how to fix this.

Well, the question I would ask is how did you end up with a dead mobo or chip? And could whatever caused that have taken out the hub/NoPro/Fans?

The computer would turn on, fans included - however it wouldn't post. My theory is, as I struggled to get the cooler attached that I ended up scraping the posts too close to the board, creating constant shorting. (This was a brand new build.)

So since I didn't have mobo and chips to test, I just got new ones from amazon and returned the other and now that I learned how to do everything better from the trial and error with that damned cooler, it works great... but now the fans won't.

They did when I started up, but then once Windows got running, everything shut down except #1, white started glowing white.

Hmmm ... that's quite odd.

So, I'd start with making sure that the channel is configured properly - this almost sounds like what I'd expect to see if an LL fan channel was configured as an SP fan channel.

Second, do one fan at a time on fan hub port 1. Note that hot swapping them isn't officially supported and Corsair recommends against this (though I've done it without issue).

Hmmm ... that's quite odd.

So, I'd start with making sure that the channel is configured properly - this almost sounds like what I'd expect to see if an LL fan channel was configured as an SP fan channel.

Second, do one fan at a time on fan hub port 1. Note that hot swapping them isn't officially supported and Corsair recommends against this (though I've done it without issue).

I definitely made sure they were LL on channel - I tried in both iCue, then tried in Link (after uninstalling iCue since it prioritized itself over that.) And yeah, I was hot swapping so that might be part of the problem when I was trying to get them run at the time. When I get home I'll see what I can do to connect those and reconnect to see if we get light/spin.

(They are all spinning no problem. Quiet and pushing a lot of air.)

You can also try force-updating the NoPro's firmware as well as resetting the USB connection (plug/unplug).

Definitely let us know how it goes. If all else fails, there's always RMA but we like to avoid that if possible.

I've already had to RMA 3 things this build and it's been EXHAUSTING. I don't want to RMA this too.

I did update the firmware last night, though, so it should be current.

Archived