Corsair Community

Strange LNP Problem

BobBogus

Hi,

im just finishing my new PC Build and ran into some problems with LNP. After reading the forums forever now, i decided to start a new thread. I hope i didnt missed the answer in another post... if so, please forgive me.

Now, to my situation in detail.

Im using a Crosshair VI Hero Board with a couple of Corsair Link compatible items. Im using a HX850i PSU linked to a Commander Mini(connected to usb2) and a H100i v2 connected to usb2. Im using 5 SP120 RGB fans running via one single fanhub. To be able to run everything over usb2 ( the crosshair vi only supplies one internal usb2) i had to add a aquacomputer hubby7. Everythings runs fine... like it should... all items show up in CL4 and act like they should do.

Everything except the lnp... i tried switching usb ports... changed firmwares... it wont show up in cl4. the strange part is... it lights up any rgb stripe i connect to the lnp. it also shows up in windows device manager, listed and identified as a connected usb device. im also able to run it in drive-mode to access the bios... but it doesnt show in cl4 software and doesnt seem to light up the fans at all. this time it looks like the problem i read about in other topics... the first fan lights up... not corectly but still a lifesign.

I tried to reinstall the software many times.. deleting appdata... all the typical stuff... but no change at all...

One last thing i noticed... the first time i connected the commander mini it was also not showing up until i switched the usb ports on the hub... since then it never got lost again.. even after switching the ports again... same didnt helped with the lnp...

any ideas?

EDIT: i might add that the sp120 RGB fans act fine if i remove the LNP and use the button-controller.... and im using the latest(today at least) CL4 Software.

After reading the forums forever now, i decided to start a new thread. I hope i didnt missed the answer in another post... if so, please forgive me.

Given my http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140665 thread is the next one after your thread I guess you don't wish to post any debug information.

Given this I can't help you and suggest you contact https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

im using the latest(today at least) CL4 Software.

Specifying "latest" is silly as it means I need to ask you which version you think is the latest.

actually... latest(today) means im using... v4.6.0.86 as it is latest available download right now ?

i can and will post the debugging results in your thread... but since i joined the corsair forums just today doesnt mean i wont contribute... calling it "given" anit that fair since it doesnt mean i wont post it...

but comparing the problem with simular scenarios showed me some differences... thats why i asked in a new thread... again, forgive me if it was that bad...

As my thread is adjacent I can't see how you could have missed it and this was the only logical conclusion.

Which firmware version did the LNP come with and have you done a firmware update?

Can you get all the LED strips to work if you connect 2 LED strips to each LNP port?

Post the SIV screen shots to this thread.

i didnt missed your post... but i wasnt sure if all the screens n stuff are really needed for an answer... nevermind here are the screens...

im not sure wich firmware was installed, since i never could get the thing to run properly before... i backuped it ... so if it is important i could flash it back and check with yout tool. i updated to lnp-0.2.54 right now.

it seems i cant get both ports to work with 2 stripes... at least not on the usb ports i tried right now... tried 2 of em... same behavior. but i noticed that if i switch the corsair commander mini from switch port 1 to 3 or above, the led starts blinking green/orange... it still works.. but starts blinking... that doesnt happen in port 1-2.

587694967_linkdevices.thumb.jpg.702d8d041053b8a33bd2c6f40ce00c96.jpg

1144863529_linkstatus.thumb.jpg.f219363b1ecfe5cae910ea42563232cf.jpg

1217480476_usbbus.thumb.jpg.f534cf2aebf065ea61e8d597b3596a14.jpg

Just talk about the LNP, all the other stuff is working and it's just the LNP with the issue.

As to what screens are needed 'till I see them I have no idea and it's actually [Link Status] that gives the clue.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28719&d=1493298905

By default SIV should show two LEDs for each LNP port, but as you can see no LEDs are reported. After double checking the code this is happens when SIV can't read the firmware version. Further the @ 15:06:46.773 seq 02 - Protoco... is an error report. When you hover the mouse over it what does the Tool Tip report?

Currently I feel there are two possibilities, the hardware is faulty or the firmware is wonky. I feel the next step should be to try and recover the firmware. Do as I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=896837 to load the 0.2.54 firmware and then post a new [Link Status]. If there is still an error and/or no LEDs try the 0.1.46 firmware.

I just downgraded the fw to 0.1.46... the result is the same... so i dont upload the screen... exactly the same informations. if i hover over the tooltip it tells me that firmware version is 0.0.0.0. the error says: Protocol 0x02 returned for command 0x02. do you need the full string ? i tried lp-0.2.54 before... thats what i had installed when i upladed the screens. i will flash it once again to be sure it wasnt a corrupted copy...

I was expecting you to post a screen shot showing the whole tool tip as I may see things you don't. The more detail you provide about exactly what you do the better chance I have of figuring out the issue.

Post the service log file that is in C:\ProgramData\CLink4\. If you disable UAC, open an admin command window and issue the command siv64x -dbgaio | find "CID 12" what get's reported? When working it should be as below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28721&stc=1&d=1493306343

If I had the LNP here it would take me a couple of minutes at most to figure out what the issue is, but I haven't.

319094340_LNPStartup.png.622b98a253c4b24b0b8d4cce3d307ae7.png

...and the siv report. sorry for splitting it into 2 posts... thought it would take more time to get the log done :cool:

and thats from the cl4 error log:

2017-04-27 17:34:44.7753 | 1027 | DESKTOP-QE9N48F | 4.6.0.86 | DevicesMonitor | ->

CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.BarbudaAntigua.BarbudaAntiguaException: No response ---> System.TimeoutException: Timeout für den Vorgang wurde überschritten.

bei HumanInterfaceDevice.HidDevice.ReadTimeout()

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Antigua.Device.AntiguaHidCommunicationHandler.ReadInputBufferData()

--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Antigua.Device.AntiguaHidCommunicationHandler.ReadInputBufferData()

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.BarbudaAntigua.Antigua.Device.AntiguaDataProcessor.ReadVerifyInputBufferData()

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.BarbudaAntigua.Antigua.Device.AntiguaDataProcessor.ReadDeviceId()

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Antigua.Device.AntiguaDevice..ctor(BarbudaAntiguaHidDevice hidDevice, AntiguaDevicesEnumerator enumerator)

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Antigua.Device.AntiguaDevicesEnumerator.OpenAntiguaDevice(Int32 index)

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.Antigua.Core.AntiguaDeviceComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

bei CorsairLink4.Common.Shared.DevicesData.DeviceAcceptHelper.<Accept>d__6`1.MoveNext()

--- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)

bei CorsairLink4.Module.HidDevices.HidDevicesComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

bei CorsairLink4.Service.Service.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()

report.thumb.jpg.5629582a4c500aeea8ac3246731673d3.jpg

The Status 0x02 is some sort of error return, but I have never seen it before.

With luck the service log file will tell us what 0x02 means

SIV is asking for the firmware version and the LNP is not answering when it should be.

I am starting to think there is a hardware issue. Do you have a USB-A to Mini USB cable? If so then unplug everything from the LNP including the power and connect it to an external USB port. Having done this repeat the siv64x -dbgaio | find "CID 12" command and post a new screen shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28723&d=1493307335

CL4 is basically reporting a similar error to SIV, though to me it looks like the write rather than the read is failing. I guess the CL4 reporting may be suboptimal.

Either way I suspect there is a hardware issue and you will have to RMA the LNP. Where did you get it from? It may be easier to return it to them rather than to Corsair.

Do you have a USB-A to Mini USB cable? If so then unplug everything from the LNP including the power and connect it to an external USB port. Having done this repeat the siv64x -dbgaio | find "CID 12" command and post a new screen shot.

good thing.. i just bought it last week with amazon prime. should be no biggie to return it... i give it a last try with your external usb port idea... if that wont work, i give it a last try in my intel 7700k rig. if its all the same result i send it back tomorrow... i also start to believe, that its simply a broken piece of controller. since i also tried 6 different internal ports already, my hope is not very high for different results on external ports.

thanks alot so far red-ray, ill post later today after i did the experiments and tell you what happend.

i will make the new screens and reports now... but strange, i used an external usb2 port now... and magically the lnp was recognized using the old fw. i was asked to update and the update didnt finished and crashed... the node was bricked but after manually replacing the fw with 0.2.54 the node worked like it always should...fanhub and stripes... any possible combination i tried worked perfectly. its really strange cos every other (even corsair link like the commander or the h100i v2 had no problems with these internal ports... so i still wonder if the node got a very sensible(broken) usb handling or the Crosshair VI Firmware might do some silly stuff...

are you sure that its the same cable? i just noticed that the node usb cable has the red and black cables soldered to both usb ports in that slot(both lines)... the h100i cable doesnt and only uses one line(port)...

im checking the hx850i cable...only have to find it in my cablecaos.... good point since im not even using it ... the hx is connected to the commander...

okay... now its getting fun... the hx cable also is one port only and it works... but now the strange part... when i plug it in the external port the node gets recognized by cl4... when i unplug it on sata and usb... and switch the usb cable for the internally connected hx cable... i can still use the node... i can change the lights and everything on fans and stripes... until i restart cl4... node wont get recognized until i plug it into the external port again...

I have no idea why CL4 does as it does.

For me to sensibly comment you need to post [Link Status] screen shots. You also need to exit SIV before unplugging the LNP.

You also need to specify if when you moved the LNP you also removed the SATA power.

Archived