Corsair Community

Replacement backing plates?

soopytwist

If I needed to is it possible to buy the other CPU backing plates plates that came with my H100i? I've had it for a few years now and I'm about to upgrade to a new motherboard with socket 1151. My current Asus P9X79 is LGA2011 so I'm doubtful I can use the same backing plate for say the Asus Z170-WS - unless someone knows differently?

I ask because I think I may have thrown out the other backing plates recently.

Having said that my H100i has been in service for almost five years so perhaps I ought to buy a new one? What do you think?

I think that this is what you need:

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h80i-h100i-intel-lga-1155-1156-1366-2011-mounting-bracket-kit

At 5 years old, your cooler will be out of warrantee, so it may be worth buying a new one.

Thanks for that. Actually it's just over 4 years (in February) but yeah maybe it is time for a new one. However just because the warranty is up in a year doesn't mean it's suddenly going to spring a leak or the pump to fail...right? :eek:

Probably not, but I've never owned one long enough for the warrantee to expire, I'm a compulsive upgrader. Mind you, I've had my H110i GT for quite some time now and it's still working as good as ever, better, actually, with the ML140 fans on it.

Archived