Corsair Community

ML120 Pro Fans: Connecting to CPU Block and RGB Hub?

Ecliptic55

Hello,

I am building a Desktop PC, and currently have the Intel Core I7 - 8700K cooled by the H150i AIO. I’m constructing this build in Corsair’s 570X case, and I want it to be all decked out in RGB. So, to continue on this lighting thrilled endeavor, I want to replace the stock H150i Raditor fans with the ML120 Pro fans.

I have a simple question really, can I connect the ML120 fans to the CPU Block AND the RGB hub? Meaning that I will be able to control the fan speed depending on the CPU tempature, while also being able to control the RGB of the fans. From all the pictures I’ve looked at, there only seems to be one output from the fans which I assume is for the RGB? I want to connect it to both the CPU Block (H150i) and the RGB fan hub (which comes included in the case that I am looking at).

The 570X comes with 3 stock RGB fans, and I’ll have those exhausting air (2 out of the top, and one out of the back). These fans will also be hooked up to the RGB hub. The RGB hub will then be hooked up to the lighting node pro, so I have full customization within the software.

Sorry this took so long to explain, I am just struggling to find the correct answer. If anyone has any questions about what I am trying to get at, ask below and I’ll clear things up. Thank you all so much for helping me out, I’m looking forward toward seeing your solutions!

Here is my build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($369.99 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($169.89 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI - Z370 SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($142.51 @ OutletPC)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($143.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($72.00 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Newegg Business)

Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($498.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($149.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ B&H)

Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB (3 pack w/Lighting Node PRO) 47.3 CFM 120mm Fans ($99.60 @ OutletPC)

Total: $1771.94

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-12 22:54 EST-0500Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-12 22:43 EST-0500

have a read of this buddy...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880..

but main points are.... H150i can not control the RGB of fans.. just its pump head. so an RGB Fan LED hub would been needed.. and either a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro to connect the RGB Fan LED Hub 2..

should you be considering the 570x Mirror Black, here is a thread specific to that case

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182609

have a read of this buddy...

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880..

but main points are.... H150i can not control the RGB of fans.. just its pump head. so an RGB Fan LED hub would been needed.. and either a Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro to connect the RGB Fan LED Hub 2..

should you be considering the 570x Mirror Black, here is a thread specific to that case

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182609

Thanks for the response! I didn’t realize that the RGB fan hub would only work with one type of fan, meaning that I can’t utilize the stock RGB fans that come with the case and the ML120 Pro RGB fans that I am purchasing.

So based on the links you provided, I’ve established a general idea of how it all works. The Lighting Node Pro allows me to customize the lighting of the ML120 PRO fans, however, that does not give me the option to customize the RPM of the fan.

So, if I wanted to control both the RPM of my fans along with the RGB, I would need to connect the fan control cable into the H150i splinters, and the RBG cable into the Lighting Node Pro. So, does the ML120 Pro fans have an RBG cable that goes into the fan hub, and also another cable that can be connected to the CPU BLOCK fan splitter for RPM controlling?

Here is what I’m looking: 7:54 of this video, where he plugs his Corsair fans into the fan hub, and then into the CPU block [ame]

[/ame]

Once again, thank you!

The RGB fans are connected to the RGB Fan Hub, which is then connected to the Lighting Node Pro. And yes, all of the RGB fans have a separate cable for RGB control. So you can plug the fan speed control cables into the H150i (where they should be) and the RGB cables into the Fan Hub and then control the colors via the Lighting Node Pro.

Make sense?

The RGB fans are connected to the RGB Fan Hub, which is then connected to the Lighting Node Pro. And yes, all of the RGB fans have a separate cable for RGB control. So you can plug the fan speed control cables into the H150i (where they should be) and the RGB cables into the Fan Hub and then control the colors via the Lighting Node Pro.

Make sense?

Yes makes a lot of sense now that you’ve cleared it up! I’ll be plugging in the PWM cable into the Hydro Series AIO, and the RGB into the fan hub.

Thanks for clearing the up, I’ll definitely be buying more from Corsair!

Archived