Corsair Community

iCUE 3.6.109 - High CPU usage again!

minhdang36

Hi there,

I've just installed the latest version of iCUE 3.6.109 which takes high cpu usage again.

http://cloud.screenpresso.com/VMNOf/icue.png

As you can see. iCUE usually takes 1-2%, it is ok for me. But why now is there a thing like "corsair.service" which also takes even more than iCUE. Both of them usually takes 3.5 to 6% CPU. The annoying couple is always the most CPU performance used program when my computer is in idle. :eek:

My CPU is core i7-8700K (full specs you can check on my account specs).

The previous version works perfect for me. I wished that I had not been curious and installed this new version. iCUE is one of the most dangerous program to upgrade. I always feel risky to update a new version.

Now I just come here to beg for the previous versions. I could not find the old version via google because I don't remember the exact version number they have.

Please help. Thank you so much.

The previous version was exactly the same in terms of usage. If you like, quit iCUE and install any other full monitoring program with graphing and compare. AIDA64 is good example and there are others. All of them are going to use 2-4% in varying intervals. Make sure you uninstall Asus Aura as well. That is another 1%. GPU tweak .02-2%. Keep going through all of your accessories. A LED fan uses more power than a non-LED low speed fan. Get rid of those. Keyboards with lights, more power wasted. Or you could can just use it as is and understand it is not affecting your performance or your power usage to a meaningful degree.

combined they're about 0.8% however I don't own any peripherals, only LL120 fans and LED strips.

I like this version because it seems the most stable, also the default lighting is only one led strip as a rainbow, instead of the whole system, so it's easier on my eyes, plus it looks cooler.

I can upload this version to google drive if you are interested.

That's interesting. Obviously specific CPU % relates to the number of cores/threads and there is a mathematical scale to it. The OP and I are on the same processor. However, I am not sure we have ever tried to compare usage based on the number of devices or calculate which devices/peripherals use more resources. I have a K95P, MM800, M65 Pro, H115i Pro, and Commander Pro with 5 HD140s + 4 strips all doing their thing. However, when I kill iCUE and use AIDA instead, the total commit is about the same and so I dismissed lighting as major factor. I certainly didn't get <1% back on 3.1.

My usage with Commander Pro, 6 individually controlled fans with custom curves, 4 temp sensors populated, and 4 led strips on one channel simple temperature based effect. iCue v3.6.109

services.png

Given that my CPU is 16 core 32 thread part, I'd say 2% CPU usage is quite a lot :bigeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived