Corsair Community

disabled corsair service

cplifj

Yes that's right, i have disabled the corsair service from starting up ever.

And the result is my pc no longer crashes in certain games, and i never get any error reports anymore about that service being crashed.

For the rest iCue keeps working like nothing happened.

I have corsair K70RGB rapidfire, corsair void usb and corsair HX1000i.

So that service is not needed at all if you are not interested in that hardware monitoring. It only would serve for monitoring the PSU which it monitors every 1/2 second or so ? way to much in any case to be good and not overly use resources. This pc has got to work first , monitoring is BS if it takes too many cpu cycles and on top screws up a perfectly running windows 10.

So my advice to anyone is just disable the corsair.service and if you need hardware monitoring, use something else like cpu-z of hwinfo, plenty of good renowned programs for that. So you shouldn't have to use the borked corsair.service. Problems have been ongoing and never seem to end with their software. It used to be problems with usb , now this.

Getting too much for the average users who just wants things to work.

Which in turn nowadays seems to be asking to much of any tech company...

All we hear is excuses, well if it's too dificult cause you all made a non standards mess of it, it's your problem too.

Don't expect people to keep buying whatever you think you can sell.

Build Quality or just halt everything all together. China does a good enough job at churning out cheap crap, that's not what I want at all.

Edited by cplifj

For your usage this should be OK as you are not using the monitoring features, but it should be noted that anyone with a corsair cooler should not disable the corsair.service as it is responsible for monitoring the CPU temperature and relaying that information to the cooler. If a user has a Corsair cooler, disabling this service will result in improper operation and could lead to the CPU overheating while under load.

Just out of interest which games were you experiencing crashes in?

The Corsair Service is responsible for monitoring, yes. It also controls (as Whisky Lima indicated) the coolers, Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro ... basically, the "in the box" devices.

As for the "non standards mess" ... standards don't make things stable or unstable. And, tbh, there are no standards for this stuff. So it's really impossible to make a "non standards mess" of it. Asus Aura is not a standard - it is just one vendor's implementation. As for the most common crashes with Corsair.Service ... most of those trace to System.Management. This is the namespace and assembly for Windows Management Instrumentation, which is a standard (at least on Windows) ... and that's a mess because of Microsoft and it always has been.

Finally, do you, perchance, have crash dumps or anything else that can be provided to the dev team to help understand the issues so that it can be resolved? Or are you just posting to vent?

• 1 year later...

Corsair iCue is garbage. I've just about sold all my corsair gear and i'll finally be rid of it. iCue constantly crashes all the USB ports on my PC. In older games like Skyrim, it will crash the game completely. There for awhile, I was force quitting the Corsair.Service (32 bit) service so my ports would stay online, but the service keeps restarting itself on it's own now, despite me also force quitting the iCue app.

If i uninstall iCue, my VOID RGB Wireless stops working, so i'm stuck with the buggy application for the time being.

When I first got this headset, ICue was not out and corsair provided a simple Dolby surround app. Now, Corsair has gotten rid of that standalone driver package completely, forcing me to use iCue.

Seriously Corsair, you have got to provide us some granular options that allow us to disable the USB polling crap that is causing USB crashes. If you can't fix it, at least let us disable the features that are causing crashes so we can, at bare minimum, use our headsets, keyboards and mice without the app. I have tried everything. Putting all devices on the same USB Chip, Buying a dedicated USB card just for my Corsair gear, (lighting node pro, 1000watt PSU, LLRGB fans, Void RGB wireless Headset), but it doesn't matter, the app continues to crash all the USB ports on the computer. I've been dealing with this problem for almost 2 years, hoping a update would fix my issue. I've also rebuilt and rewired the entire PC and put a new copy of Windows on it. I'm at a loss.

Edited by jasonelmore

• 1 month later...
Many years later. In case someone is looking for answers. I too was having issues with too many corsair (and to be fair gigabyte rgbfusion / asus arua etc.) .exe's running in the task bar taking up memory and processor power. It was enough to affect bench tests by a noticeable amount. What really got me started on all this was trying to get BattleField V to stop stuttering and running like crap on my newly built rtx2070 i79700k 3200 32gig ram system. These programs DO NOT play nice together but I could not just disable them all because I have a corsair headset, mouse, and cooler, and I wanted the cool lights. I figured out how to turn off or kill after start the other brand software and still have lights doing what I wanted. For Corsair I disabled the startup of all exe's except icue. In services I disabled the corsair.service and corsair.gaming.audio.config. This effectively gets rid of all corsair task scheduler stuff except icue. (My headset worked just fine so i'm not sure what the audio service was all about). BUT now my cooler stopped showing up in icue. I found an answer on another forum. turn the corsair.service back on. reboot. go into icue, go to cooler, set a colour profile (i did rainbow). And then set your fan profiles. I set the pump to balanced and custom for the fans that are half way between balanced and extreme. Now this is the important bit, if you installed the cooler as instructed and the radiator fans are plugged into the pump control AND you set the temp to monitor as the pump liquid temp, (this is the name of your cooler, for example H100iPro), THEN when you go back and disable the service again and reboot, the settings for colour and fans will still be in effect even though no controllers are running them. If you want to make a change then you will have to do this all over again but my idle processor use is now almost none except for the somewhat hungry ICUE. Hope that helps someone. I really do like the corsair product but like so many other companies (looking at you Gigabyte) the software seems to be an afterthought to be fixed later. I know it must be hard to keep up with windows messing things up but I just wish they would write in a way out of things you didn't need/want or 2 options like one with all the bells and one with individual drivers / controls for each piece of hardware, simple plain, not flashy, but not conflicting either.

• 10 months later...
I ONLY have a K95 RGB keyboard so don't actually need the headset service running just in case I plug in a headset. Totally agree The next keyboard I purchase will NOT be a corsair. I've already got a logitech G502 hero and can't wait to get rid of this ICUE software. It's a real shame as corsairs hardware is so good but when the software actually degrades the system then it's time to vote with your wallet.

• 3 months later...
you are not alone @stevvie. The hardware is great but the software is too intrusive. They try to compete in areas that they are not strong in. How hard is it to add an advanced tab that users can use to disable portions of the software that conflict with other applications. I for one LOVE my Aida64 Sensor Panel, but there is a conflict with iCUE polling the same sensors. Why for the love of god does Corsair insist on polling sensors to populate a very tiny nexus screen? or a dashboard that NO ONE uses? Just tell me how to disable the Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe service and I will go quietly. It is entirely too frustrating to have more that $10,000 invested in a computer and it be complete rendered useless by a $60 commander Pro? I love my K100 and Dark Core Pro, but it is just not worth the headache trying to get the RGB working using a software that hangs the computer randomly. Stability>Pretty. I spent over $1600 in Corsair products for this build... Buyers Remorse... will sell on ebay cheap soon.