Corsair Community

Super High Temps ? - UNINSTALLED ! :mad:

IForget

Just purchased the K95 Keyboard great :)

I am also one of those that purchased the H100iv2 AIO Cooler witch seems to work just fine by its self.

As soon as I installed this ICue Shi7ware for it my temps went from a steady 32C/89.6F @ idle

to an unreasonable 65.5C/150F + @ Idle, causing all fans to max out ???

Processor of the icue service time is not very high at all

I have tried many if not all temp monitoring software available, and All give the same temp readings.

I have read elsewhere that others are having issues/conflicts with the h100iv2 AIO cooler and the icue software.

As soon as I uninstalled this shi7ware my temps are finally back to normal.

So I guess until Corsair gets around to fixing their software I will have No way to control the Keyboard.

I built the same system for a friend and he has the same results when using this program.

A fix would be greatly appreciated !

Anyone ? Because from what Ive read this has been an issue for quite some time as Corsair seems to ignore the issues.

Is there a way to control the K95 keyboard without icue taking over control of the h100iv2 cooler?

Edited by IForget

There really isn't much specific advice any one can give you from what you have posted above. So the general advice is you might want to find out if the rise in CPU temps were real (corresponding with some increase in CPU activity) or an illusion caused by conflict with another software program. Take a look at the other monitoring software you are running. That includes things like AI Suite, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, AIDA64, etc. Details like what version of iCUE you installed might be helpful.

I am not really sure what you are reading or if you are putting it into proper context. Nobody would buy or use this stuff if this was the normal reaction. So you can be mad and send it all back, or you can take some time to try and work out what is going on in your system.

For anyone wanting to know ,,,

The processor (4.0-4.5ghz) is at stock speeds & Voltage

Nothing is overclocked ! And Everything works perfectly until icue gets installed.

Either Icue is causing all readings (CoreTemp, HWInfo and PCmeter) to be wrong or it is just cooking my processor ?

The icue process doesn't seem to be using much processor time either.

For whatever the reason , I am not taking the chance on burning my system because of some bad software. Just to run a simple keyboard!

I will return it if this issue doesn't get fixed real soon. ( 27 days )

Still searching for any answers from anywhere & everywhere ?????

Hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

Please

If iCUE is not using the processor resources, then what is? Something has to cause the increase in CPU activity to create the temperature change. The copper plate does not stop conducting heat because a software program tells it to do something. My best guess is a conflict between two of the programs caused another to lock up a bunch of CPU power creating load. Your board is thankfully too old for Asus Aura (a common culprit), so that leaves one of the other monitoring programs. Those users with higher CPU usage from iCUE typically have engaged software management of the RGB memory. That does not seem to be on your parts list, so that leaves the offending driver a bit of a mystery.

I cannot say what is causing the issue, I uninstalled it after an hour of 150F temps at idle. with spikes into the 170F-180F range.

From what I did see when it was installed, Nothing is using resources at all maybe a total of 5% at idle. (All Processes)

Now that icue is gone and link reinstalled everything is running just fine 90F max at idle same processor usage as when icue was installed?

You are right this makes no sense ? I am still using the keyboard but cant figure what the problem is.

I have heard of others having issues with the H100i AIO Water cooler. My guess is this is the culprate

Is there a way to control the K95 keyboard without icue taking over control of the h100iv2 cooler?

Edited by IForget

If nothing was using much CPU power, then it may indeed have been a monitoring conflict causing false temps across the board. Any kind of change in pump or fan behavior would result is slow and gradual CPU temp changes, likely in the single digit range.

The only thing that might cause a huge CPU temp swing in rapid fashion without load would be if the pump turned off. On the H100i v2 it gets its power from the motherboard directly. Make sure whichever header it is connected to is set to 100%/Full Speed or disabled. I can't remember which term the Z97 uses, but generally it is Full Speed in the EZ BIOS or disabled in the Advanced BIOS interface. The pump needs the 12v. You can verify this right now by looking at the pump speed in Link. For Quiet it should be around 1950 rpm +-50. The higher performance/extreme setting should take it up around 2900. If you are in Quiet pump mode and the speed reads 1500 rpm, it's not getting the necessary voltage.

If that is not the problem, we're back to some kind weird monitoring conflict. You would need to try it with all of those not running or otherwise disabled. Another intermediate solution would be to find a copy of CUE 2.24.50 for the keyboard. This is the predecessor to iCUE (CUE 3) and former companion to Link. It offers the same level of control, but the downside is it will not transfer perfectly to iCUE should you want to try and give it a go. iCUE will overwrite and absorb it's files, so switching back and forth is quite tedious. iCUE will not overwrite Link and that is found in a separate location.

some kind weird monitoring conflict.

But to remove the monitoring programs I am using means To loose functionality of a few applications that require them.

Is there any way to disable the Icue monitoring as to have link continue to do the work of the H100i V2 ?

Link runs perfectly fine the way it is, and I prefer it.

I ONLY NEED ICUE To deal with the K95 Keyboard ONLY.

I am already looking for a 3rd party app to deal with this K95 unless I can find a workaround or I will have to hack at it myself if I ever get time.

P.S. LOL A Screen Shot LOL It would take more than a screen shot to show the installed programs on this thing,

This is what makes this single icue program so irratating as it is the only one Not playing nice with the rest.

Edited by IForget

some kind weird monitoring conflict.

But to remove the monitoring programs I am using means To loose functionality of a few applications that require them.

Is there any way to disable the Icue monitoring as to have link continue to do the work of the H100i V2 ?

Link runs perfectly fine the way it is, and I prefer it.

I ONLY NEED ICUE To deal with the K95 Keyboard ONLY.

I am already looking for a 3rd party app to deal with this K95 unless I can find a workaround or I will have to hack at it myself if I ever get time.

P.S. LOL A Screen Shot LOL It would take more than a screen shot to show the installed programs on this thing,

This is what makes this single icue program so irratating as it is the only one Not playing nice with the rest.

Anyone have an answer ? Please ?

Anyone have an answer ? Please ?

Yeah, weird monitoring issues should be the probable cause. You see, sensors in your machine can and should only be touched by one application. They usually run on SMBUS on you mainboard, a bus system that is around since the 90s. If multiple programs try it, it can cause very weird issues like you encounter. Unless you test and stop using all other monitoring programs and see if that helps I doubt anybody can help. You also cannot disable the monitoring in icue. Also do not run icue and link at the same time.

If you run HW info disable corsair link/asetek support in the settings.

Edited by TeaTimeJ