Corsair Community

AX 1200i System instability

Tyberious

I have been trying to figure out the cause of random high DPC spikes and just a general unstable feeling and random lag spikes in my systems. I have had this power supply in two different systems one AMD and one Intel and both exhibited the same issues. The only thing that links the two systems together is the PSU.

Could something be wrong with the supply to cause these random spikes?

I have tried monitoring voltages with HWinfo and other tools but I don't think they are fast enough to find quick transients and I dont have the proper tools to monitor them with other hardware.

The issue occurs with both new Threadripper build and older x99 build. The only common element between the two systems is the PSU and SSD's.

• Corsair Employee
The SSD could also be the culprit if it is overheating or failing. Also moving the same SSD with the same Windows install between X399 and X99 includes a whole other can of worms and it is not recommended to be doing that at all due to drivers issues.

Same physical SSD not same install of windows. Secure Erased between systems. I have have two of the same model SSD and have tested with them both and the issue is on both but strangely enough I don't recall having the issue with SATA just NVMe. Could the NVMe drives be more sensitive to voltage fluctuations or transients than the SATA?