Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro issues

I recently upgraded my RAM, I had initally only wanted to upgrade from vengeance RGB to the RGB Pro for aestetic purposes but after having read up on samsung b-die working well in Ryzen systems for overclocking potential I decided to upgrade at the same time.

I had Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0

I now have Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C14 XMP 2.0

And I also picked up the lighting kit which is installed in the other two slots.

Now Ive had two main issues since making this change and Im not sure if I've missed something, made a mistake or something isnt compatable here.

Firstly I previously used the ASUS AI profiles in the BIOS to overclock my RAM which always worked fine no issues, so I did the same with the new RAM but iCUE stopped detecting components correctly and I had an unkown USB device on my device manager leading me to believe I had a MOBO issue at first. I put my BIOS profile back to auto and all that went away leaving me to think I darent not overclock it again.

Secondly my RAM temeratures are worrying me, I cant quite remember exactly what my previous RAM averaged at but I dont believe it was ever this high. On iCUE I'm getting readings of 60-65 degrees C (Temp 1) and 55-60 (Temp 2) in a normal state, when I put some load on in a game they both go over 70 and I dont know how much of an issue this is.

All drivers etc are up to date.

Im running:

Asus Crosshair VI Hero (BIOS 1501)

Strix GTX 1080ti

Ryzen 7 1800x (h150i AIO)

Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C14 (plus lighting kit)

AX860 PSU

Also:

1x Commander Pro

2x lighting hubs

1x Node pro

9x LLRGB fans

It sounds funny, but the LEDs appear to add to the temps...

I have 2x Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB sticks and they run around 36C at idle and get to 60C under load. And this is after turning the brightness down in the iCUE settings for the RAM. Make sure you've updated the firmware for your RAM, if you haven't btw.

Here's a post from another forum user that notes the LED temp observation:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186965

Note, my understanding is the ram temps getting to 70C shouldn't be of major concern - according to one of the Corsair employee forum posts, but I've been more concerned in terms of managing my overall case temps.

Best regards,

Tony

• 2 years later...

I have been working with Corsair for a few months now on this issue. The issue is now fixed.

I had to go in and uninstall everything related to AURA SYNC which is a standard RGB controller with Asus. Even the registry files. Since then, I have had no issues. My PC is running for 13 hours a day due to work and school.

If you need more help, I have the email chain that Corsair and I have communicated during the resolution of the issue to include the steps needed to fix it.