Corsair Community

iCUE set up Timer with Repeating Macro

Skarpio

Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a repeating macro that I can use in junction with a timer. I see how to set up a macro (which I did a basic one that just left clicks every two seconds). I've set this macro to repeat endlessly and turn on/off with toggle by button press. I set the macro up this way so that I only had to put the commands once into the macro. But when I set the timer to use that macro, it only uses the literal macro (just the one left click and pause for 2 seconds). It doesn't repeat like the macro is set up to do. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help! Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Im new to this too, but what immediately comes to mind is potentially setting a macro to run with a delay for the time period you want it dormant. There are two potential problems here: you'd have to convert that time into milliseconds (i'm assuming that's what MS is the abbreviation for...) and that field is character limited so the longest delay you can insert is 99999 milliseconds or about a minute and a half. Secondly: at the moment I don't believe you can run two macros concurrently within iCUE...

OR you would have to record the macro with the delays enabled and then just let it record for the duration you want the delay one full time. Obviously if it's a long duration this could pose some problems. I just tested this and it does work and will let you delay longer than the minute and a half. It worked for the six minutes I could spare to test this, NO IDEA if it would time out at some point or if you could just leave it on record for days... (does anyone else know this? I have one working computer at the moment and cant really leave it alone all that long to test). You would have to go back in "post production" and delete all the delays it recorded that you don't need.

Thats all ive got, I am very interested in hearing what someone who hasnt had the program for two weeks comes up with. Im personally interested in setting up a macro on a timer to log me out of my work VPN at shift end. The limitation I'm running into is I don't believe I'd be able to use the other macros while it runs, and it's just not that important. It's a "nice to have."

If someone has an idea of how to do this, be it within iCUE or another third party software (free plz), I would be extremely grateful to hear it!

Good luck, if you come up with any ideas I haven't considered please let me know!

Thanks! _DCP

• 3 months later...

To add time between each macro repetition, just pause the execution as below and copy paste this event at the end. I did a time of 77 636 ms, which corresponds to about 1 minute 30. :cool:

I think that's the only way

Thank you good luck :p:

ms.png

Edited by Dabilot