Corsair Community

Rgb fan issue

Cashacker

since about 3 weeks ago I have a problem with the RGB lighting of my Corsair fans. The problem is when I put the instant lighting in white or any profile that is all white.

I have three ll120 fans in the front plus 1 more back and two ll140 in the top six connected to the same hub and this still Commander pro.

have been working perfectly for at least a month the problem lies when I put the instant lighting in white or a profile that has white tones the LEDs of the fans start to flash in other colors sometimes turn off and turn on something that does not happen if I put any other profile in another color or I put the instant lighting in another color.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I have uninstalled the corsair drivers and reinstalled them as I have seen in a forum and I have even changed the comander pro for a new one.

I have changed the board and the micro and I have re-assembled a new computer in the same box and the same thing happened to me again, so neither is it a problem with the motherboard.

and the last thing has been to change a hub for another I have two one that has the 6 fans and another that has connected the logo of the box I have changed one for the other and the same thing is happening then I do not know what can be discarded Commander discarded hubs and fans and the change of order also keeps me doing the same thing are random is not always the same problem lies in that with color profiles works perfectly only is when it is white and the LEDs are blank the rest works perfectly...

When I get home I will try to record a video to show you what it does.

Any idea of ​​what it can be or do you know if it is a software failure?

Hello,

I've been experiencing a similar thing. I have 5 LL120 connected to my lighting nod pro.

I usually use the Static Color effect in blue. When I start my PC, everything works fine but after a while, one of the fans starts changing colors randomly.

If I go to iCue, choose another lighting effect and go back to the Static Color, it works again for a while.

I checked my Lighting Channel settings and they're set to "LL RGB Series Fans" and "5 fans are connected".

I am running version 3.15.101 of iCue.

I also have a K70 Keyboard and M65 Pro Mouse controlled through iCue. Everything is running the latest firmware versions.

I could record a short video :

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcO2rNggkUI&feature=youtu.be][/ame]

Edited by Technobeard
removed blocked image

@FoxeuH

Have you checked for a faulty fan by systematically swapping the RGB connectors around on the hub through ports 1 to 5? The fans run in series, therefore, one bad fan in the series could potentially cause issues down the line. If you haven't already tried this, DO NOT hot swap RGB connectors as this in itself can damage the LED's.

One other thought; did this happen before you upgraded to firmware version 3.15.101?

• Like 1

@Johnny

I tried what you suggested. The fan acting weird on the video is the fan n°5.

I swapped the connectors of the fans n°4 and 5 on the hub. The PC has been running for 4 hours now and all the fans are functionning as intended. No random color changes.

This is unexpected. I was expecting one of those 2 fans to start acting strangely. Maybe I have to wait a bit longer.

To answer your question: yes. It did happen on the previous version of iCue as well.

Just to confirm, do you have your 'Lighting Channel' set to 'LL RGB Series Fans/6 fans are connected' under 'Lighting Setup'? Additionally, what version of iCUE are you running?

I have the 6 LL120 connected to a single hub which goes to the commander pro.

ICUE is well configured and I have the latest version and all the firmware of the accessories updated to the latest versions.

It only happens to me with the white color when I put it fixed in instant lighting or a white profile.

They tell me that it may be due to lack of current since the white rgb needs to activate all the LEDs and consume more but it is connected to a sata each one and my source is the hx1200i.

Multiple fans...

Are you running any SATA hubs or splitters? You say it's only happening on white. White will draw more power than any other color. If you have splitters/hubs, a power delivery issue because of these could very well be the culprit.

• 1 year later...
Hello,

I've been experiencing a similar thing. I have 5 LL120 connected to my lighting nod pro.

I usually use the Static Color effect in blue. When I start my PC, everything works fine but after a while, one of the fans starts changing colors randomly.

If I go to iCue, choose another lighting effect and go back to the Static Color, it works again for a while.

I checked my Lighting Channel settings and they're set to "LL RGB Series Fans" and "5 fans are connected".

I am running version 3.15.101 of iCue.

I also have a K70 Keyboard and M65 Pro Mouse controlled through iCue. Everything is running the latest firmware versions.

I have the same problem message me iff u find anything

Edited by Technobeard
removed blocked image