Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 and ML120 fans

Rajiyn

Dear all,

I'm kinda new to the RGB stuff and I am finally going to implement some of these components in my build. Because of my noobness, I have some questions and I hope that you can help me with this.

So the thing is:

I got a new case Lian Li O11 Dynamic and I bought the 3-pack LL120's. So the thing is: I want to add a Corsair H150i. But I saw that the radiator includes ML120 fans instead of LL120. Now I was wondering. How can I connect them in terms of Fan Hub + Lighting Node. Can I add the ML120's to number 3,4 and 5 of the Fan Hub with the LL120's? Or do I need a 2nd Hub for the 3 ML120's and use the 2nd channel on Lighting Node. Or do I need a ComPro for this?

I'm looking forward to see your answers!

The ML fans that ship with the Pro series of coolers do not have RGB. So it's a moot question.

If you did replace them with RGB fans, you would need a second channel and fan hub to run in a supported manner. You can put ML and LL on the same channel, but the configuration will be odd (you'll have to configure it as 4 LL fans) and the effects will be odd.

Thanks for the response. You cleared that out for me. Yet, I still have some questions considering the fans. My mayor question is: I got 6 LL120's and 1x H150i pro. That makes a total of 9 fans. Will I be able to run all those fans with my mobo Z170-a without the commander pro. Why it is possible/not possible. What would you recommend and why?

I'm looking forward to see your answers!

So ... 3 fans will run off of the H150. The other six ... you can run off of your motherboard with a couple of splitters - you have 4 chassis fan headers. That'll work just fine.

The Commander Pro does give you more control over the fans and, personally, I really like using the thermistors for fine grain control over internal case temps. But it's totally optional.

Potentially, but with some drawbacks. CPU/OPT are mirrored headers. OPT has no controls. It will do whatever CPU is assigned to do. Or rather it should. The problem is Asus has this habit of assigning additional fan control parameters to CPU fan. You set a 8 second spin up/down delay and it ignores in certain conditions. These two were always meant to control dual fans on an air tower.

You also will be limited to CPU temp as the only control variable for CPU/OPT, AIO, and W_Pump. AIO and W_Pump are supposed to act like regular chassis fan headers after you take the lock off, but as far as I know all of the Z170-Z370 boards will only do CPU temp as the control variable. All that means you will have some racy fans. You can try it out and if it is not acceptable, look for another solution. The CHA fan headers have some other control choices that might be better for case fan control.