Corsair Community

Corsair Crystal 570x Mirror RGBs NOT WORKING???

fdsantos

Hi everyone,

I have build my machine no more than a month old and I have managed to install my LL120 fans x6 throughout the case and the RGBs worked although my case RGBs connected to my motherboard (Asus Maximus Hero XI WIFI) did not! Since the case if very difficult to be managed and cable management I decided to wait for my new GPU arrive so I would get the job done at once. So once my GPU arrived I decided to open the case again yesterday.

So I decided to connect 2 RBG Hubs, one of them with all 6 slots occupied of LL120 fans, and the other RGB HUB only one wire for the case RGB both front panel Corsair logo and PSU plate Corsair logo. Then connected both to channel 1 and 2 to the Lightening Node Pro but I have had no success getting the case lights ON.

I tried going to iCue and messing around with the options and activating channel 2 (which is where the HUB for case RGB is connected to) but had no success!

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated as I'm very sad right now.

Kind regards!

Fans have to be connected in order. You cannot connect it to Fan Hub Port #2 with nothing in Port #1. It won't work. No skipping ports allowed.

So start there.

Next, check all of the cables. Does everything have power? Cables connected correctly?

Check iCUE. Can you show us the screen captures of your Lighting Setup and the lighting configuration of the Lighting Node Pro?

Fans have to be connected in order. You cannot connect it to Fan Hub Port #2 with nothing in Port #1. It won't work. No skipping ports allowed.

So start there.

Next, check all of the cables. Does everything have power? Cables connected correctly?

Check iCUE. Can you show us the screen captures of your Lighting Setup and the lighting configuration of the Lighting Node Pro?

Fans are connected in order. From bottom to the back 1 to 6 nothing has been skipped.

Everything has power in fact I'm connecting to the same SATA cable with 3 connectors, if HUB1 is working fine HUB2 should as well.

Will send pics of my iCue soon.

Also, verify that the right hub is plugged into the right channel. This has been the source of issues more than once. ;-)

If I was that stupid I wouldn't have managed to switch it on in the first place I reckon. ;p

Like I said before, the FANS are fine!

The problem is Corsair logos which are not lightening up. :(

You reckon it's faulty then?

Also, do you have effects applied?

And ... dude ... no need to get offended. It has nothing to do with thinking or implying that you are "stupid". Smart people make mistakes, all the time. Heck, I've been working with Corsair RGB since it came out, I personally have 4 systems with various RGB components and know this stuff inside pretty well and I still make little mistakes! So ... it's just making sure that we double-check the little things that we sometimes take as an assumption, OK?

Have you tried plugging in one of the stock case fans (just the RGB) into that second hub to see if it lights up? I'm just wondering if you've pulled a wire somewhere and this might be a good test to see if it's the hub itself or the case lights.

Yes I have tried to put the case RGB wire to the HUB 1 but doesn't light up! :( Although I can't recall whether I used SP fans set up on iCue to light them up. Either way I think it's irrelevant because iCue only starts to work once Windows is initialised which means when I power up the machine the Corsair logos had to light up at least in any colour as default.

Also, do you have effects applied?

And ... dude ... no need to get offended. It has nothing to do with thinking or implying that you are "stupid". Smart people make mistakes, all the time. Heck, I've been working with Corsair RGB since it came out, I personally have 4 systems with various RGB components and know this stuff inside pretty well and I still make little mistakes! So ... it's just making sure that we double-check the little things that we sometimes take as an assumption, OK?

No no, don't get me wrong. I'm not feeling offended by your help at all! Actually it's much appreciated! I'm just insinuating that I would definitely consider myself stupid if I made that mistake. :)

Nonetheless, what do you reckon is going on? I think the case's RGBs are faulty? And yes I checked the wires are fine and connected to both front and PSU plate? :(

So I came to the conclusion my case is faulty!

I put a fan to make sure HUB2 is working fine, and the lights go on.

Tried the case RGB wire to HUB1 socket#1 and it's dead.

That being said, I believe it's a RMA type of situation? - That's really heartbreaking as I spent days to build this machine and manage wires how I wanted.

I bought it from Amazon a month ago, is that the solution? :(

Have you tried running fan hub #2 on it's own (completely separated from your case fans), NOT connected to the NoPro and using original button controller/top of case controls? Obviously in this configuration you wouldn't be able to control the lights via iCue.

Have you tried running fan hub #2 on it's own (completely separated from your case fans), NOT connected to the NoPro and using original button controller/top of case controls? Obviously in this configuration you wouldn't be able to control the lights via iCue.

That controller is the most useless thing tbh.

The solution will be a replacement :) I'm on it already. Tried everything doesn't work.

Yeah, the controller is useless for running but in this case it can help confirm the result. So it's a good troubleshooting tool.

You said you put fans on it and they lit up ... I'm assuming that those were SP-RGB fans, yes? If they were any other type, if they light up then the PSU light definitely won't - the SP RGB fans use a different protocol from everything else in the Corsair RGB ecosystem.

Archived